PDA

View Full Version : Slave Lake access

riderprider
03-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Was wondering about the access at all the different spots at Slave. Want to take my 10 year old daughter out on good Friday and if we can't drive on it's a no go. Not looking for fishing info as I know that can be touchy, just access. Thanks!

yardape
03-21-2013, 08:58 AM
shaws point, cutbank ,little grassy all no vehicle access just by snow machine
only place for vehicle access might be joussard but not sure

riderprider
03-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Thanks yardape. I was afraid of that.

HuyFishin
03-21-2013, 11:28 AM
shaws point, cutbank ,little grassy all no vehicle access just by snow machine
only place for vehicle access might be joussard but not sure

which are is joussard? if you dont mind me asking

FishHunterPro
03-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Its the very westend of the lake, you can see all the permanent shacks from the town. I stayed in a shack a few days ago and the road was blown in. A sled would be a must. Fishing was good and the burbs were biting all hrs of the day.

HuyFishin
03-21-2013, 11:40 AM
damn i really want to head to slave lake but i only have a 4x4 f150 with winter tires, i dont wanna go there and have to turn around becouse the snow is to thick lol

FishHunterPro
03-21-2013, 12:17 PM
damn i really want to head to slave lake but i only have a 4x4 f150 with winter tires, i dont wanna go there and have to turn around becouse the snow is to thick lol

I would recommend then that you look up shack rentals in joussard and ask how the lake access is. There is someone who plows a path to their shacks that they rent so maybe it has been maitained since.

pipco
03-21-2013, 02:17 PM
We called Joussard yesterday. Sleds only. No trucks. As far as I know no other access by vehicle on the lake. Damn!