PDA

View Full Version : Fly in Fishing recommendations

Triple droptine
03-21-2013, 01:04 PM
My Father in law just turned 65 and we are potentially looking at sending him on a fly in fishing trip this summer. He is from the edmonton area so northern Alberta would be the most convenient but Sask and BC would be considered. Cost is somewhat of a issue since it will be a group gift.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

CK Angler
03-21-2013, 01:42 PM
It depends on what you want to target but there are some nice lodges up North on Lake Athabasca that fly out of fort Mcmurray. A quick google search and you can explore thier web pages, compare rates, accommodations ect.. I have personally never been but co-workers of mine stayed at Indian head and came back happy, I've been up ice fishing a few times and the lake offers TROPHY fishing, monster pike and lake trout, artic grayling & walleye. There's some smaller lodges, less expensive up north like Namur. Just jump on the web and do some searching. Cheers!

davegrant
03-22-2013, 07:40 AM
2 trips of a lifetime:

1) Loutit lake from Mikesew Sportfishing 5 days for $1200 (huge pike and walleye smaller lake less effected by wind )

2) Take 3 of his friends for 2 days sturgeon/salmon in October from STS(GUIDEBC.COM) in Mission BC for about $800 per person. Sturgeon over 6 foot every trip .

You get him either of these and you'll be the only person in his will !!!:happy0180:

Kodiak
03-22-2013, 11:54 AM
An AO sponsor at the top of the page.
Give Dan a call, great guy and will accomodate you. Can't say enough good things about his operation.

Zuludog
03-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Check out this months issue of AO, there is a great article in there about a world class fly-in lodge in the NWT called Lac La Martre Adventures. I can personally attest that the fishing there is as good or better than the article describes.

Safety D
03-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Ive been to almost all the best places you can go too. Lac La Marte, Lake Athabasca or the my favorite, the Fraser for giant whites in Sept !!!!

Triple droptine
03-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Thanks for all the replies and DM's, it is great to hear of first hand experiences.

Jamie
03-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Tripple, what kind of budget do you have in mind?

Jamie