PDA

View Full Version : To ALL Fishing Addicts

MtnGiant
03-23-2013, 10:40 AM
How many of you carry your fishing gear in your vehicle at all times (during open fishing season)??

Do you go to your spots after work or stop by a roadside fishing hole when travelling for a short time?

How addicted are you????

huntsfurfish
03-23-2013, 10:44 AM
No way, had truck broke into couple years ago. All gets put away now.

Addicted to keeping my stuff now.:)

MtnGiant
03-23-2013, 10:45 AM
No way, had truck broke into couple years ago. All gets put away now.

Ya....thats the downfall for sure....
I still do it though....its well hidden in the back seat of the truck

tonypower
03-23-2013, 10:50 AM
I lost all my stuff 2 years ago. I am a little more carefull now. But I still seam to have a rod in the trunk all the time. Just incase.

cranky
03-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Nope to many sticky fingers around these days.

AppleJax
03-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Always, open and hard water. Had a bad dream once that I drove by a fishing hole full of fish and didn't have a rod with me. Now that would just be terrible. I don't keep any expensive gear with me. A rod and some basic tackle is replaceable.

BeeGuy
03-23-2013, 11:00 AM
no

but there is always something in there.

BGanglers net (cooooooooooostanza)

an anchor

random life jacket

20/0 circle hook
10/0 octopus hook

MtnGiant
03-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Hey Bee....nother ? for ya....

Do you fly fish?

I dont hear you mention it.

It would seem to me you fit the profile of a flynutz kinda guy

Cal
03-23-2013, 11:09 AM

Do you fly fish?

I dunno, he claims to be a minimalist. IMO flyfishing isnt generaly the sport of minimalists.

I keep a minimal amount of gear in the truck. Just enough to catch fish but not enough I'll cry if it goes missing. A double sided tackle container small enough to fit in my glove box and an Uglystick behind the seat seems to go unnoticed yet has caught me many a fish.

SCHOOCH
03-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Fly gear is with me at all times....my jeep was broken into my 1st week moving to Calgary and they got everything that i just had shipped to me from Ont. so had to start from scratch replacing everything......

MtnGiant
03-23-2013, 11:46 AM
fly gear is with me at all times....my jeep was broken into my 1st week moving to calgary and they got everything that i just had shipped to me from ont. So had to start from scratch replacing everything......

ouch!!!!!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-23-2013, 11:46 AM
How many of you carry your fishing gear in your vehicle at all times (during open fishing season)??

Do you go to your spots after work or stop by a roadside fishing hole when travelling for a short time?

How addicted are you????

Dude yet he back seat of my truck is full of gear all for sturgeon fishing , then I have a boat full of gear and 4 5 tray tackle boxes in the house tackle boxes in my 5th wheel , and 3 rod tubes full of rods . No I don't have a problem . I may have a little dental .

HunterDave
03-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Telescopic rod/reel beside the .22. :)

MtnGiant
03-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Telescopic rod/reel beside the .22. :)

Nice

I was gonna include guns but thought I'd leave that one alone.

Back in BC.....I always had a gun w/ me too.....during hunting season of course :)

Cal
03-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Nice

I was gonna include guns but thought I'd leave that one alone.

Back in BC.....I always had a gun w/ me too.....during hunting season of course :)

Ya, I may or may not keep one of those in there too.

tight line
03-23-2013, 12:15 PM
ALWAYS!!!!! Lol, that includes flying. There is no offseason for me, lots of places open year round

Fishnafterwork
03-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Always have anything i need to stop anywhere from coast to coast..... Half of my work van is solely dedicated to fishing and camping gear.... Rods reels waders tent sleeping bag cooking supply's and more gear than I could use in a lifetime... Haha :) I'll try to get a pic up later... Many a times I worked thru the nite cause the fishing was just too good to leave :)

Mikezilk
03-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Come open season, I have a kayak or canoe on the roof of the canopy, and every type or rod and gear ready. Never know when I need to call in sick halfway to work for the morning.

MtnGiant
03-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Come open season, I have a kayak or canoe on the roof of the canopy, and every type or rod and gear ready. Never know when I need to call in sick halfway to work for the morning.

Hahahahaha...thats awesome....I luv it

cranky
03-23-2013, 12:47 PM
I dunno, he claims to be a minimalist. IMO flyfishing isnt generaly the sport of minimalists.

I keep a minimal amount of gear in the truck. Just enough to catch fish but not enough I'll cry if it goes missing. A double sided tackle container small enough to fit in my glove box and an Uglystick behind the seat seems to go unnoticed yet has caught me many a fish.

Maybe i should try that ^^ approach too.
Often wished i had my gear in truck when a unexpected opportunity comes up.

Cal
03-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Heres what I keep in my work truck all winter. In the summer its same box, different hooks, substitute a fishing rod for the ice gear.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv45/exophysical/Fishing/001_zps0b9b1f4a.jpg

Alberta Bigbore
03-23-2013, 02:23 PM
I always keep some cheapies under the rear truck seat. Never my StCroixs though lol

Great for spares though.... or an early day off work and just drive to the river without stopping at home.

crazyfish
03-23-2013, 03:18 PM
always have a few things in the truck, a small tackle box and a older rod tucked under the back seat .

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-23-2013, 03:54 PM
I always keep some cheapies under the rear truck seat. Never my StCroixs though lol

Great for spares though.... or an early day off work and just drive to the river without stopping at home.

/LOL thats why you have a intire back seat Divoted to your river fishing stuff , and I know that If im slipping off to the lake for afternoon evening I know all my stuffs in the boat . Gotta take deerr hoist I mean Lamp post off when towing boat though .

AppleJax
03-23-2013, 04:06 PM

I bet most of your St. Croix are one piece, that would be hard to fit under the seat!

RavYak
03-23-2013, 04:14 PM
I usually have my stuff in the car, too lazy to take it out and put it back in each time I want to go fishing lol.

HuyFishin
03-23-2013, 06:36 PM
I leave all my 1 piece st croixs at home and leaving the 4pc st croix travel rod in the truck

MtnGiant
03-23-2013, 06:41 PM
I leave all my 1 piece st croixs at home and leaving the 4pc st croix travel rod in the truck

Sounds like you have a St Croix fetish?
You should put this under the "Collectables" thread....:)

pickrel pat
03-23-2013, 06:55 PM
My truck farts tackle... Its where i am.(usually outside a small town bar).. But ya... Everywhere.

wetchimo
03-23-2013, 07:05 PM
In the Summer I always have my gear with me. If I see lake that I didn't fish, i'll have nightmares till I get it done.

Alberta Bigbore
03-23-2013, 07:11 PM
I bet most of your St. Croix are one piece, that would be hard to fit under the seat!

I have two Legend tournies that are two piece...just used for River fishing... but i dont leave them in my truck, thats for sure. Everything else is 1 piece.

Truth of the matter is Ive really fell off the fishing wagon for here in Alberta... I enjoy all your pics, but I can wait in between my trips to Manitoba and NW Ontario. Leaves more time for rifles, pistols, and going to the range and hunting. lol Although I do love fishing the Pembina river alot.

HuyFishin
03-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Sounds like you have a St Croix fetish?
You should put this under the "Collectables" thread....:)

Haha just a personal preference haha I like the rods and there warranty and trade in system they have,

ALSO IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS STOLEN, get your back windows tinted, it helps ALOT!!! I have a tint shop in edmonton if anyone needs it dones,

MtnGiant
03-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Haha just a personal preference haha I like the rods and there warranty and trade in system they have,

ALSO IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS STOLEN, get your back windows tinted, it helps ALOT!!! I have a tint shop in edmonton if anyone needs it dones,

We all have our fave stuff...

My side and back windows are already tinted....this is mostly why I feel fairly comfy leaving my gear in the back.

But thanks for the info....maybe some one else will take you up on your offer.

Good luck fishing this season

huntsfurfish
03-24-2013, 07:26 AM
Mine were tinted, didn't help.

Geezle
03-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Truth of the matter is Ive really fell off the fishing wagon for here in Alberta...

Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

JohninAB
03-24-2013, 11:11 AM
All my tackle is in my boat. I get home from work and if the fishing urge strikes I fire up the truck and go fishing. Not a bigtime river/stream fisherman here. Actually quite enjoy prowling Wabby for big sharks. Can leave home and be in the boat fishing in 30 minutes max.

I am the opposite to ABB, hunting big game is losing its appeal more and more every year.

Alberta Bigbore
03-24-2013, 12:57 PM
All my tackle is in my boat. I get home from work and if the fishing urge strikes I fire up the truck and go fishing. Not a bigtime river/stream fisherman here. Actually quite enjoy prowling Wabby for big sharks. Can leave home and be in the boat fishing in 30 minutes max.

I am the opposite to ABB, hunting big game is losing its appeal more and more every year.

Yep.. where my appeal for big game hunting is getting larger. Although.. If i ever moved to Manitoba again or Ontario.. I would quit hunting altogether 100%

Alberta Bigbore
03-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

why?? Each person has they're own hobbies, some stronger than others. I see no problem in my desire to not fish in Alberta as much as I used to.

MtnGiant
03-24-2013, 01:10 PM
why?? Each person has they're own hobbies, some stronger than others. I see no problem in my desire to not fish in Alberta as much as I used to.

Dont let the nay sayerz get under your skin lol

I would much prefer to fish in BC....it's way better than AB.....but Im here so I enjoy what I can....and there is lots to enjoyeeeeeee

Garry B
03-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Reading about all the people who have had fishing equipment stolen and knowing friends the same has happen to I just gotta wonder who can steal someone's fishing stuff? If the thief has zero interest in fishing they can hardly expect to pawn it for much. If they have an interest in fishing how could they steal knowing it means so much to someone else? Could they even enjoy using it? Wow.

I don't keep my gear in the vehicle at all times because wifey would not let me but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to think about fishing all the time :).

MtnGiant
03-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Reading about all the people who have had fishing equipment stolen and knowing friends the same has happen to I just gotta wonder who can steal someone's fishing stuff? If the thief has zero interest in fishing they can hardly expect to pawn it for much. If they have an interest in fishing how could they steal knowing it means so much to someone else? Could they even enjoy using it? Wow.

I don't keep my gear in the vehicle at all times because wifey would not let me but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to think about fishing all the time :).

Ya its gotta make one wonder.....taking the chance of being caught using it would totally ruin my concentration of fishing and take away all the fun.

Petty theft is for TOTAL mother foxtrotten LOSERS!!!!!

Geezle
03-24-2013, 01:40 PM

There's no problem with it at all, you're just taking me more seriously than intended :)

Alberta Bigbore
03-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Not really ..... Im finding that I constantly get reminders that I am not fishing like I used to. :angry3: lol

MtnGiant
03-24-2013, 02:05 PM

Do you think they targeted your gear or it was a random break in?
Was your gear in sight?
Its crappy either way I know.....but I try to disguise my gear w/ work clothes or something that doesnt look valuable.
Usually its in a tote container.

Geezle
03-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Not really ..... Im finding that I constantly get reminders that I am not fishing like I used to. :angry3: lol

Just good natured ribbing, but I'll knock it off :)

Alberta Bigbore
03-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Lol you are minor..lol

Bring on Pembina slay! That and gophers are what im looking forward to most.

Eddy62
03-24-2013, 03:28 PM
rod and box in trunk at all times. Work by the bow and sometimes eat my lunch there.

BeeGuy
03-24-2013, 04:18 PM

Do you fly fish?

Started tying when I was 8 or 9. FF'd throughout my teen years on the upper Credit primarily and headwaters of the Notawasaga (Pine, Boyne, Hockley).

Lost interest when I started traveling.

I've got 2, 6wts and a pfleuger medalist (1994). Have a vise and a bunch of stuff in a box here. I've tied up some wireworms and chironomids. As well as customizing some of my spoon and crank trebles with some flashbou and hair.

I use flies all the time, but I rarely break out the fly gear.

The minimalist thing is right. If I'm on the river, I just want 2 lures stuffed into a folded over tim's cup in my pocket and a spinning rod in my hand. no waders. no vest. no pile of accessories hanging off my back. no auto-recoiling $200 hemostats hanging off the brim of my Orvis oil-back-wanderers chapeau.

CK Angler
03-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Always! I keep a rod and a small tackle box with lures for every scenario! I don't miss an opportunity ever! Lol my g/f gets ****ed at me on road trips because I'll stop along the way and hit up random lakes we see

MtnGiant
03-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Started tying when I was 8 or 9. FF'd throughout my teen years on the upper Credit primarily and headwaters of the Notawasaga (Pine, Boyne, Hockley).

Lost interest when I started traveling.

I've got 2, 6wts and a pfleuger medalist (1994). Have a vise and a bunch of stuff in a box here. I've tied up some wireworms and chironomids. As well as customizing some of my spoon and crank trebles with some flashbou and hair.

I use flies all the time, but I rarely break out the fly gear.

The minimalist thing is right. If I'm on the river, I just want 2 lures stuffed into a folded over tim's cup in my pocket and a spinning rod in my hand. no waders. no vest. no pile of accessories hanging off my back. no auto-recoiling $200 hemostats hanging off the brim of my Orvis oil-back-wanderers chapeau.

Thats too bad...
maybe the fly bug will bite ya again some day
Your missin out bro

BeeGuy
03-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Alright, got my tim's cup of lures and gonna hit the far NW on the advice of those who voted the 3rd option, "go fishing young sexy bee guy".

Will report back.

OneGirlWolfPack
03-24-2013, 11:29 PM

How addicted are you????

Nah I don't carry my gear in my vehicle at all times and I'm definitely not addicted to fishing. I think it would be different if I had more experience. Hopefully I'll get out more this summer. Right now I just kind of find it intimidating.

HuyFishin
03-25-2013, 08:59 AM

Hehe its not bulletproof lol it just helps deter thieves from stealing, most thieves only steal what they can see.:sHa_shakeshout:

ak-71
03-25-2013, 09:06 AM
I keep a telescopic rod and a small waist "bag" in mine. I am not really addicted, but just to kill some time during my son's training sessions or make dog walks a bit more interesting or for just in case.

Warmbreeze
03-25-2013, 02:11 PM
I have two Legend tournies that are two piece...just used for River fishing... but i dont leave them in my truck, thats for sure. Everything else is 1 piece.

Truth of the matter is Ive really fell off the fishing wagon for here in Alberta... I enjoy all your pics, but I can wait in between my trips to Manitoba and NW Ontario. Leaves more time for rifles, pistols, and going to the range and hunting. lol Although I do love fishing the Pembina river alot.

Is the fishing so much better there or is it a different style that makes you want to go over Alberta? Just curious as I have only fished Alberta, and a bit of BC.

ssyd
03-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Heh I started a job a couple years ago and when I showed up for my first day of work, the guys noticed some of my ice fishing gear sitting in the back of my car. I've never fit into a group of people so easily. I showed them the pictures of my sturgeon and I could have gotten away with murder in that shop.