PDA

View Full Version : Pine coulee

TROLLER
03-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Has anyone been down there in the last few days.

I am hoping the ice is still good and they have not yet closed the gate at the boat launch.

Any info will sure be appreciated.

WayneChristie
03-23-2013, 01:10 PM
was there last night, thought for peoples safety I better say something. open water around the bridge, ice at the launch sucks bad, starting to open along the shore, about 14 inches of ice and going fast, one dumbazz left a nice shack off the launch and its not going to come off now without a fight, whatever you do DONT try and drive on, unless you have a submarine. gate was still open as of 10 pm last night.lots of eyes in the area but not very hungry, only managed 9 of them and one small burb in 12 hours. Ice was scary noisy, sounded like jets taking off all day, and lots of loud cracking. walking out from the launch it was cracking under our feet. might not be worth the drive now.

Dale S
03-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the heads up Wayne.

pecker
03-23-2013, 01:42 PM
was there last night, thought for peoples safety I better say something. open water around the bridge, ice at the launch sucks bad, starting to open along the shore, about 14 inches of ice and going fast, one dumbazz left a nice shack off the launch and its not going to come off now without a fight, whatever you do DONT try and drive on, unless you have a submarine. gate was still open as of 10 pm last night.lots of eyes in the area but not very hungry, only managed 9 of them and one small burb in 12 hours. Ice was scary noisy, sounded like jets taking off all day, and lots of loud cracking. walking out from the launch it was cracking under our feet. might not be worth the drive now.

welcome back Wayne.

kevinhits
03-23-2013, 02:53 PM
As per Wayne, attached is the shack on pcr. If it is yours, you better TRY getting it off. I am suprised that they did not have the gates locked at the boat launch.

Pic of wayne,s Burb cooked up yesterday....Yummy...At least we got to have a snack although we were counting on cooking a couple more up for a meal..LOL

huntsfurfish
03-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Thanks for posting Wayne.

Good to know.

rena0040
03-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Thats a nice shack, pitty to see it go to waste. When would it be considered abandoned property and up for grabs to whoever can rescue it.

huntsfurfish
03-23-2013, 10:12 PM
When its floating.

hardcorefishingking2
03-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Going to Chain or PCR tomorrow. If we do stop by PCR ill give an update here otherwise ill update about Chain in that forum. Thanks for the heads up to Wayne and everyone else feedback. We will be super careful when we go out to drill those holes!

kevinhits
03-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Going to Chain or PCR tomorrow. If we do stop by PCR ill give an update here otherwise ill update about Chain in that forum. Thanks for the heads up to Wayne and everyone else feedback. We will be super careful when we go out to drill those holes!

Heading out to chain right now.....Maybe see you out there..Driving red van...
Anyone know if this ice is driveable..Last I heard there was 14 inches yet..

Thanks ya all

hardcorefishingking2
03-28-2013, 06:40 PM
We were at the other side by the bench along the rock wall. Glad you made it out and boy we were surprised you still drove on? Hope you had fun and was happy to see you drove off safely :)! I posted in the Chain Lake forum about our day. You fished where we fished last week hope you got some there cause its a good spot.

kevinhits
03-29-2013, 06:44 AM
If I would of brought the truck, would not of driven on. I drilled test holes before driving on and 14" of ice. Still ok to drive with small vehicle. Anything less than that I would not of driven on...two other trucks drove on as well and one of them actually drove further north down the lake. I usually set up north as well but did not want to drive further than I needed to.

Gotta say, pretty good day of fishing....:)

It was a great spot...Landed 8 and lots of action...Kept me running thats for sure...LOL

azn_rice_man
03-29-2013, 11:29 AM
If I would of brought the truck, would not of driven on. I drilled test holes before driving on and 14" of ice. Still ok to drive with small vehicle. Anything less than that I would not of driven on...two other trucks drove on as well and one of them actually drove further north down the lake. I usually set up north as well but did not want to drive further than I needed to.

Gotta say, pretty good day of fishing....:)

It was a great spot...Landed 8 and lots of action...Kept me running thats for sure...LOL

Any burbs, Kev?

kevinhits
03-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Sorry
My last post was about chain.. DO not
Try to get on to PCR with vehicle...