PDA

View Full Version : Back from Prince Rupert!

Jon_Boy
07-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Hey guys, myself and a few buddies were out to Prince Rupert June 20-24th. We were fishing with Terry's Charters and I highly recommend him, very knowledgable guy. I was a little worried going up with the report of a couple neighbors who were up just before us and only caught a few springs. Even while we were out there, there was a lot of boats having trouble getting springs. We however had no problem, Terry had us on fish everyday. We caught 15 springs, 4 cohos and 1 pink. We came home with 4 Tyee pins (37, 34, 32, 31 pounds) Hali fishing was really good as well but mostly chickens, our only bigger one was caught by my buddy Travis weighing in at 61 pounds. Luck was on our side with the weather as well, two days were even bright and sunny without a cloud in the sky and only a small shower here and there during the other two days. We were really lucky because my boss headed up to Prince Rupert a day after we got back and they were fighting with rain and high winds the whole time. Anyways, it was a sucessful trip with a little too much beer drank. If you haven't been out to the coast fishing, I highly recommend it! I'll try to post some pictures as soon as possible for you guys.

hunt_and_fish
07-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Great job Jon. Congrats on a good trip and thanks for sharing. Love to see some pics if you get a chance to post them.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Sounds like alot of fun , I was up at campbell river last august and man we were hammering all sorts of things chinooks , mannaged the odd spring and loks of ling cod and rock fish and tons of them DOG SHARKS which we had fun fishing , a bit more fight then a pike .