PDA

View Full Version : Bohnings Quantum XT - do not BUY!!!!

huntin'fool
07-08-2008, 06:21 PM
I apologize if slamming a product is against the forum rules, if so, then please delete...but I wanted you all to know that paying almost $20 for a spoonful of Krazy Glue is not my idea of a good investment. Yes, that's right...Krazy Glue aka Super Glue.

I recently made this purchase (Bohning's Quantum XT) looking to do some fletching and when I got home, I read the label. Then I looked at the MSDS's for both Bohning's and Krazy Glue. Unfortunately, Bohnings has their specific chemical names withheld on the MSDS (trade secret) but after comparing all the other sections...it's almost identical. Of course it's a trade secret...they don't want you to know how badly they ripped you off.

Granted, there may be a slight difference, but the major compound in both products is Ethyl Cyanoacrylate (an Ethyl Ester) or Cyanoacrylate Ester. Its doesn't list it on the MSDS but it does on the bottle.

And.............after using it, I'm almost positive it is the same. Smell, the way it bonds your fingers together...everything. I know, some guys will still swear by it, but hopefully this stops a few of you from getting ripped off.

By the way...Blazer vanes are no doubt the way to go...just not with Quantum XT.

jaybull
07-08-2008, 06:54 PM
good call i feel the same.I'm using there fletch tite platinium " bohning " and it works a lot better.same company better product.JMO.But works way better than the crap your talking about.

Trav
07-10-2008, 11:30 PM
good call i feel the same.I'm using there fletch tite platinium " bohning " and it works a lot better.same company better product.JMO.But works way better than the crap your talking about.

I have been using Loctite Superglue ultra Gel, get it from wallmart for 5 bucks and you cannot rip the fletch off the shaft they have to be cut off