PDA

View Full Version : North Buck

greywolffan
03-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Just wondering if anyone has ventured out to this lake . Is it driveable or do we have to walk out?

baptiste_moose
03-25-2013, 11:34 AM
I was there yesterday on sled. Some people drove on a couple hundred yards but we spent 2 hours last night getting them unstuck. Everyone else left them out their to shovel by themselves. The truck had 4 chains on and was going anywhere!! 6-7" of light snow on 14-16" crust that a vehicle just punches through. Very nice people that were stuck. He gave me and my buddy 150 $ each for getting him out and couldn't thank us enough. I couldn't believe it. Anyways. Def sled or walk.

pickrel pat
03-25-2013, 01:46 PM
He gave me and my buddy 150 $ each for getting him out and couldn't thank us enough. I couldn't believe it. Anyways. Def sled or walk.

Dont think i could of took the money but good on you for helping them out.

baptiste_moose
03-25-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm the same as you man. The obvious thing to is say " I can't take that." And I did. He insisted over and over so I ended up taking it. Your input is greatly appreciated!!!:thinking-006:

I guess I forgot the AO rule of thumb. No details, stories or pics.

greywolffan
03-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Thats great you helped out. I have done the same a few times and I remember I ran into a problem at Canyon creek one year and two trucks just sped by and I could of used some help. A local fella gave me a quick tug and away I went. Great guy and I think he had a shack there. 98% of people that ice fish are good and you get the odd few that are not at all nice. Anyway how was the fishin at buck?

baptiste_moose
03-25-2013, 04:27 PM
They must be moving into the bays to spawn cause we only managed a few.

sully
03-26-2013, 12:52 PM
How about getting around on a quad?? Would it be possible or would a guy break through?

baptiste_moose
03-26-2013, 02:28 PM
I'd rather have quad then a truck. You should be fine with a quad. I'm just about to get off baptiste as we speak and it's hot here. +4's all the way through sat and sunday. Truck will still be screwed but a quad will do the business.

HuyFishin
03-26-2013, 03:15 PM
I was there yesterday on sled. Some people drove on a couple hundred yards but we spent 2 hours last night getting them unstuck. Everyone else left them out their to shovel by themselves. The truck had 4 chains on and was going anywhere!! 6-7" of light snow on 14-16" crust that a vehicle just punches through. Very nice people that were stuck. He gave me and my buddy 150 $ each for getting him out and couldn't thank us enough. I couldn't believe it. Anyways. Def sled or walk.

That very kind and nice of you

Coltye
03-27-2013, 09:59 AM
How about getting around on a quad?? Would it be possible or would a guy break through?

We did it a week ago with qauds, the qauds did work but made it to our spots no problem. I was pulling a sled with all the gear in it as well.

sully
03-28-2013, 08:16 AM
thanks for the info