PDA

View Full Version : I'm in need of some buck lake info

luongo01
03-26-2013, 11:00 AM
A few of us are heading to buck lake from red deer on thursday and I'm looking for any updates please. Ice conditions, how the fishing has been. We would like to get into some good walleye/perch fishing. I've fished there in the summer and had good luck but I've never ice fished out there. All info is appreciated please :)

bigmac
03-26-2013, 01:06 PM
If you talking about South Buck then I have been there quite a bit this winter. A bunch of us have a permanent hut (to be removed this weekend) on the north end by the spillway. As soon as you go on the north end look to the East and we are the only shack there and will be there this weekend. Fishing has been pretty slow the last little bit. During a whole day we might catch half a dozen jacks, a couple of walleye and maybe a ling but there is usually alot of us out there. Haven't caught any walleye big enough to keep but caught some nice legal jacks but they went back to swim another day. I talked to a few people who fished about half way down the lake on the west side and saw more fish than us but couldn't get them to bite. Have only seen one perch this winter but it was a hog!! Good luck if you go!! It's supposed to be a beauty:sHa_shakeshout:

luongo01
03-26-2013, 01:52 PM
If you talking about South Buck then I have been there quite a bit this winter. A bunch of us have a permanent hut (to be removed this weekend) on the north end by the spillway. As soon as you go on the north end look to the East and we are the only shack there and will be there this weekend. Fishing has been pretty slow the last little bit. During a whole day we might catch half a dozen jacks, a couple of walleye and maybe a ling but there is usually alot of us out there. Haven't caught any walleye big enough to keep but caught some nice legal jacks but they went back to swim another day. I talked to a few people who fished about half way down the lake on the west side and saw more fish than us but couldn't get them to bite. Have only seen one perch this winter but it was a hog!! Good luck if you go!! It's supposed to be a beauty:sHa_shakeshout:

You mean buck lake south of dreyton valley ? That's the buck lake I'm talking about. I appreciate the feed back hopefully were talking about the same lake. How much ice is there rite now? Also can I get around with the 4x4 or should I bring sleds out? We had a really good perch spot on the south end of the lake in the summer that produced some beauty perch. How about white fish any luck getting on them this winter ?

bigmac
03-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Yes the buck lake by drayton. Haven't tried for whites at all. Don't see them where our shack is. The ice is a solid two feet at least. Haven't measured but there is more than there was 2 weeks ago! There is definitely some snow but I didn't have to put it into 4wd till I tried to turn around. We just used jig heads and minnows. Color didn't seem to matter as much as height off the bottom. Tight to the bottom seemed to do better for everything. Good luck!