PDA

View Full Version : On chain right now

Ryanf
03-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Hey all just drilled a few holes out on chain (west of nanton) I noticed its quit dirty water conditions. I have lots of fishing experience but not much as far as it comes to trout in a lake at this time of year. Any advice as far as depths ect would be greatly appreciated

bubba 96
03-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Hows the ice? have had good luck in top parking lot straight out 10 to 15 ft of water and very small hooks tipped with corn...

Was thinking of bringing the kids out tomorrow....

Ryanf
03-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Ice is pretty good a little soft. There are a few that drove on I parked at shoreline

EZM
03-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Velvetta cheese ............. best bait ever .........

ORV
03-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Hey all just drilled a few holes out on chain (west of nanton) I noticed its quit dirty water conditions. I have lots of fishing experience but not much as far as it comes to trout in a lake at this time of year. Any advice as far as depths ect would be greatly appreciated

i have had the best luck there in over 20ft. of water.

3 reel cranks off the bottom.

velvetta or corn. dew worms work as well.

orv.

kevinhits
03-28-2013, 02:17 PM

Hey ryan
I am out here as well. Red van... Come say hi and
I can show you what is working today

kevinhits
03-28-2013, 02:21 PM
I am off the west shore...however it has been
A little slower lately... Last hour or so.. Still
Getting the odd bite though...
Using dew worms only on a green tear drop jig

bwackwabbit
03-28-2013, 03:08 PM
Velvetta cheese ............. best bait ever .........

X2

Gust
03-28-2013, 07:38 PM
I am off the west shore...however it has been
A little slower lately... Last hour or so.. Still
Getting the odd bite though...
Using dew worms only on a green tear drop jig

we were the walk outs just north of you,, there was a truck on the ices edge, we were the next people. Bite started at 3. 12 fow an inch off the bottom.

Gust
03-28-2013, 11:25 PM
To the op; the water was murky and I got more hits at 12 feet and at 10, but nary a hit at 16. I have a feeling this is why they were hitting in my light coloured mealworms and not the darker ones. My dad was using corn and ventured to a distant spot on the west side and had very steady action in 8 fow. It never hurts to have your bait below a willowleaf or something sparkly.

omega50
03-29-2013, 07:34 AM
Lucky Elephant pink popcorn was my Chain Lakes Hard Water bait for 20 years.

Whatever the fish did not eat-my kids took care of the rest:)

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x471/omega505/pink_zps0d737006.jpg