PDA

View Full Version : nsr report march 28 another first?

waterninja
03-28-2013, 09:57 PM
let me start this report by saying the nrs right now is not for the faint of heart. the river is high and very muddy, the banks are slippery and the ice shelves unsafe. there is a lot of leaves and branches that make pic.rigs almost a waste of time. i did manage one wallie on a bright green jig. went out in the afternoon and crosed the small creek that is now like a small raging river. thank god i decided to head back while it was still light as the little ice bridge i crossed going in was gone!(pic. with one set of tracks) had to wade across in water to my knees and it would have been very scary in the dark.

oh yeh the first? saw one tree with ***** willows and i collected some for my parents for basket blessing on easter sunday. first and only ones i've seen this year and they were right at my honey hole.

BeeGuy
03-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Great report.

It's not fishin if you dont get wet feet lol

tight line
03-28-2013, 10:40 PM
Atleast you were rewarded for your effort! Gotta love early spring river fishing!

mxer117
03-29-2013, 12:28 AM
At least you caught fish!

And LOL at the "auto correcting" even though its legit! haha

Fishmaster
03-29-2013, 07:49 AM
I also went to the nsr and it was very very clear, almost no ice, fished 4 hrs got a good sunburn and caught 6 whitefish, plus lots of other bites! :sHa_shakeshout:

YeeHaw
03-29-2013, 09:12 AM
All that time, and only one fish? I'll show you how to catch em tomorrow. I might even lwt you use a Puzzey lure or two.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

waterninja
03-29-2013, 01:10 PM
I also went to the nsr and it was very very clear, almost no ice, fished 4 hrs got a good sunburn and caught 6 whitefish, plus lots of other bites! :sHa_shakeshout:
i saw signs of someone at my honeyhole from a few days earlier. looks like they had a dog with them. wonder if that was you. i haven't caught a white there yet.

Fishmaster
03-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Well we had buddys dog with us but we weren't at any honey spots.