PDA

View Full Version : any one else ****ed at season end with tags?

lifesaflyin
03-30-2013, 10:09 PM
we still have 9, yes NINE unfilled walleye tags:mad3:

Alberta Bigbore
03-30-2013, 10:21 PM
I heard people were having a hard time filling them at pigeon this weekend.

338Bluff
03-31-2013, 12:51 AM
Still have tomorrow!

pikergolf
03-31-2013, 12:59 AM
Why are you mad?

HunterDave
03-31-2013, 01:44 AM
I didn't fill my 3 tags in Lac Ste Anne but I'm not really worried about it. I usually fill them in the Spring in about an hour but I was busy working and if I'm working then I'm making money. :) The lake's too scuzzy in the summer and I like other lakes in the winter so, 3 walleye get to stay in the lake. I'll probably get 3 tags for Lac Lanonne this year so I can wait a couple of months for a feed of walleye.

deanmc
03-31-2013, 02:08 AM
Fished Smoke Lake with my pop in law over the last 3 weekends. He filled his three tags and I filled two, my wife has three left as do my two kids. We all fished hard. Caught a lot of undersized Pike and several undersize Walleye(had the(43-50cm tags).

hillbillyreefer
03-31-2013, 02:14 AM
I'm pretty sure I have at least Nine unfilled mule doe tags.

Oh well.

Hopefully there's a bow draw.

waterninja
03-31-2013, 02:17 AM
my biggest problem was i kept catching wallies too big for my class c tags at lac st. anne but i did fill 2 of the 3. hopeing to get class a this year.

deanmc
03-31-2013, 02:17 AM
I'm pretty sure I have at least Nine unfilled mule doe tags.

Oh well.

Hopefully there's a bow draw.

Lol I have A Whitetail tag too. I assume since most lakes close tomorrow the op meant fish though.

javlin101
03-31-2013, 08:54 AM
Got 3 tags for Pigeon sitting in my tackle bag in my shed at the lake near St. Pual. :sign0176:

Walleye101
03-31-2013, 10:57 AM
I made the mistake of buying tags for Baptiste. What a polluted body of water. I questioned CRD as to why they sell tags for lakes that have notorious blue green algae blooms. They basically said too bad and hopefully by March 31 the fish will be deemed safe to eat? He also said refunds would not be available. It is the consumers perogitive if they choose to purchase tags from polluted lakes. I personally will never purchase tags again. Alberta regulations are a complete joke. Pay, Pay, Pay. Cash cow capital of Canada. In 10-20 years from now Alberta fisherman eating fish from lakes that have this pollution problem will be full of cancer.

Lefty-Canuck
03-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Since when was buying tags a guarantee at harvest and filling them? Is this another chapter of entitlement in this province?

I bought my tags darnit I am entitled to fill them with fish that meet the requirements.....!!!

Or am I confused???

LC :)

RavYak
03-31-2013, 02:31 PM
I made the mistake of buying tags for Baptiste. What a polluted body of water. I questioned CRD as to why they sell tags for lakes that have notorious blue green algae blooms. They basically said too bad and hopefully by March 31 the fish will be deemed safe to eat? He also said refunds would not be available. It is the consumers perogitive if they choose to purchase tags from polluted lakes. I personally will never purchase tags again. Alberta regulations are a complete joke. Pay, Pay, Pay. Cash cow capital of Canada. In 10-20 years from now Alberta fisherman eating fish from lakes that have this pollution problem will be full of cancer.

Eating the odd fish even during a nasty algae bloom isn't going to hurt you... I honestly find it funny how people freak out about things like this but have no problem eating food from a supermarket, you can get much more questionable food in something you don't even realize there is an issue with.

coyotezh
03-31-2013, 05:11 PM
I used 2 of 3 tags in Lac Ste Anne luckily. This lake has so many Jacks.. Could anyone tell me if those pikes will eat too many walleyes? I am a little worried about the wallies future in Lac Ste Anne.:thinking-006:

Kim473
04-01-2013, 06:10 AM
Filled my Elinor tags in a couple of hrs last summer. Caught probly 100 fish that day between two of us. TOO EASY !
Gonna 999 class A & B this year. Don't like the choices.