PDA

View Full Version : Lakes I have fished

Levy
03-31-2013, 08:06 PM
I had a boring evening last night so i spent about twenty minutes on google earth and put a tag on every lake, river, creek and area of ocean I can remember fishing in Canada. I must say i didn't think i had put on so many miles until i finished and zoomed out. I think it would be neat if something like this was attached to our profiles and people of our choosing such as friends could look at it and pm you about places you have fished rather than start the 1000th "how to catch lake trout at cold lake" thread. Speaking of which i wonder if AO will give out a prize for that one... sort of like a your the 1000th customer thing. :1041:

Blues are bodies of water i caught at. Yellows are places that have either winter killed before or after i fished them and may or may not have fish in them or have ever had fish in them to begin with but were fun to try. Light blues are river or creeks i have fished.

[http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=203669060736341079707.0004d93068f830d413f1e

If anyone else has some time to kill and a gmail account i would like to see what lakes others have covered.

338Bluff
03-31-2013, 09:22 PM
Okay. Sounds good. Haven't a clue how to do it...

Billy2017
03-31-2013, 09:24 PM
Great thread!!! You have really racked up the miles for sure!

338Bluff
04-01-2013, 12:33 AM
I can see now it is not tough to do. How the heck do you edit the color (yellow vs. blue). Everytime I touch the icon the window automatically closes.

Kind of a very neat way to build a fishing diary. I don't think I will post mine publicly though. Too much info.

BeeGuy
04-01-2013, 12:45 AM
This would take me hours.

And there is no way I'm putting an X on lake X.

I already see the trash and crap left at spots I've taken people too (:sign0176:)

steve
04-01-2013, 11:12 AM
This would take me hours.

And there is no way I'm putting an X on lake X.

I already see the trash and crap left at spots I've taken people too (:sign0176:)

Wouldnt want to give up you 10" RMW honey hole

Levy
04-01-2013, 08:59 PM
I don't really have any unknown honey holes that are close to civilization. The smaller lakes that people wouldn't expect to have fish in mostly just have hammer handles in them and the ones with decent perch take such and effort to get into and are so far and few between that if they want to spend as much time as i did getting in there and exploring those lakes then they deserve a few nice perch. I can completely understand guys being close to the city not wanting to share spots.

I can see now it is not tough to do. How the heck do you edit the color (yellow vs. blue). Everytime I touch the icon the window automatically closes.

Kind of a very neat way to build a fishing diary. I don't think I will post mine publicly though. Too much info.

If its doing that you will have to exit the page and reload it again. Google seems to do that to me randomly as well.

BeeGuy
04-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Wouldnt want to give up you 10" RMW honey hole

Hahaha, that's no joke!

Shannon89
04-02-2013, 12:01 PM
wow thats alot of places.