PDA

View Full Version : Mayan Riviera trip April 19/20th.

tuffyy
04-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Just got home from a excellent trip to the Mayan riviera,we arrived in what is now low season and the five star resort rocked.I had two fishing trips booked and both went amazingly well.Pesca maya took care of my wife and I and it was a blast.Day 1 we fished the flats and shallow waters out near Akumal and worked our way down near Tulum.Spincasting using light jig's and casted small Crab's we hooked into several Bonefish,Red Snapper,Mutton Snapper,Mangrove snapper,Barracuda,Dorado (Mahi Mahi),Various grouper's and a assortment of other odd fish such as trigger fish and even a large powder blue tang (aquarium fish).Lots of fun and the guide was a blast as we sipped Pacifico beer's all after noon...Day 2 was the big game adventure,10 minutes into the troll I hooked a 96lb White marlin that was exciting to watch stalk the balio's we used for bait,the leaping strike was amazing!!!We hooked and landed 4 of 8 or so Sailfish that came calling,our largest was 83lb's and kept things very exciting!We also hooked several Spanish mackerel,Dorado's,and cuda's on the trip.It was well worth the trip,now back to my peeling sunburnt arm's!!!

Pictures will be up as soon as the wife puts them on,I have no idea how to do it!

RockyMtnx
04-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Cant wait to see the pics!

lgu5
04-25-2007, 04:33 PM
pics!!!!