PDA

View Full Version : Dore Lake

Brent_reid
04-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone heading there this July with a few buddies for a week, wondering if anyone has ever been there and what the fishing is like? any help as far as lures and such would be greatly appreciated as I dont want to go spend $300 on lures if it isnt what the Pike & Walleye seem to go after there.

Thanks alot Brent

Safety D
04-01-2013, 11:36 AM
#2 red devil and 5 of diamonds. Buy about 10 of them and 5 leaders. All you will need....

springfisher
04-01-2013, 11:38 AM
5 of diamonds for sure and some perch looking rappalas. Going in July as well for the second time. Great walleye fishery!

aulrich
04-01-2013, 01:24 PM
I like the white based len's vs the 5 of diamonds but 5od is never bad. Most of my big fish have come on white/black LT.

As July goes to August the Mepps Cyclops spoons take over blue/silver the best but all work well.

Pike and perch soft plastics work well too.

I been fishing there 15 years or so had a cabin now 7 or so and have only caught walleyes by accident, Up until last year I was always a guest in my father in-law's boat, he did not walleye fish at all. So this year I want to try and figure them out.

PM me closer to go time, and with luck I can pass on this years pike hots spots at least.

Those of you who walleye fish there, how do you do it.

Safety D
04-01-2013, 03:08 PM
I also had a buddy say DORE was good. Where is the best place to stay and is the good fishing near by ?

aulrich
04-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Dore Lake lodge, and in the spring early summer, good fishing is had right there in south bay, though after it warms up you will nee to run some.

fordtruckin
04-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Jealous!! I always used a white spoon with the red stripe. Never had a problem!!

YeeHaw
04-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Got a 9lb walleye there a few years ago on a #4 LT 5od. The point by the mink ranch is good, same with right off the dock at times at Dore Lake Lodge for evening walleyes. Dwane and Val, at the lodge have always been awesome hosts, and the cabins are decent. But bring your own boat fuel, unless your getting a rental. Its expensive up there.

hunted
04-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Was there once a couple years ago. I had a few 5od and my brow in law had none and after the second day he was begging me for one. Seriously I caught 10 to his one before I gave him one. The last day we caught close to 70 pike. Just unreal. My tip for you is take a big boat! It is a big lake! And like most lakes pick the furthest point from the lodge and go there. But if bad weather you may not get back so be prepared to spend a night.

Graffy91
04-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Bottom bouncers never cease to fail.

dodgeboy1979
04-03-2013, 09:13 AM
bottom bouncers with leaches around weed patches in about 8-10 ft of water in the evening has produced quite a few walters over the years in that lake for me.