PDA

View Full Version : lac la plonge.

Stally77
04-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Heading to Dore Lake this July. Wondering if Lac La Plonge would be worth going for a day trip? Are there decent sized lakers in it? Thanks in advance for any comments. Stally

topgun
04-01-2013, 08:02 PM
3 lbs average. The nets do their part in taking most of the larger ones. Some decent ones are caught thru the ice though

conehead
04-01-2013, 09:56 PM
wonder what drew you to dore lake, was there twice bout 5-6 years ago. Not impressed. If you are travelling that far there are much better options.

Stally77
04-01-2013, 10:15 PM
wonder what drew you to dore lake, was there twice bout 5-6 years ago. Not impressed. If you are travelling that far there are much better options.

We do a family week of fishing each year with another family. Did Lac des isles and pierce last year with little luck. Thought we would give dore a try, heard that the fishing was decent there? What are some other suggestions of lakes to try for the next upcoming years. Would love to get into some other lakes if they are worth it. We were gonna do Tobin this year but decided not to. Maybe next year.

aulrich
04-01-2013, 10:36 PM

It may be worth another try, between low water and the commercial guys hammering the fish,it made for some tough fishing years, though probably more like 7-8 years ago, but since then there has been higher water and changes to the commercial and sporting fishing rules which help a ton.

Oh crap what am I saying... no no Dore is dead, stone cold dead.

Lac La Ponge grabed my attention as well, I probably won't make it there this year, but it's on the to do list.

dodgeboy1979
04-04-2013, 02:16 PM
I have had great luck in Dore the last couple years. Bottom bouncers late in the day in 8-10ft water by weeds seemed to be the ticket.

hydrofish01
04-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Lac La Plonge is great! Get to know the lake and you will have a great trip! Tobin is lots better. Cold lk is a good option as well

Stally77
04-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Lac La Plonge is great! Get to know the lake and you will have a great trip! Tobin is lots better. Cold lk is a good option as well

Cold lake is awesome! Gonna head there went the ice is off, hopefully around may long if it ever decides to warm up. Went last fall with great success. Think we will do Tobin next year, as we were considering it this year.