PDA

View Full Version : After fishing years ago at GPSL- the thread that started it all

Ken07AOVette
04-02-2013, 02:30 PM
I was talking to Tundra Monkey about his big trip in May, and absolutely lucked out, there were 2 spots available for myself and RKZSN!

Ocean fishing for Koho and Chinook and chum and pink and halibut and rock cod and ling cod and octopus and crabs and prawn and sharks and orca and dolphins and dog fish and sea monsters and yellow eye and gadxy, hjhghfkknvcr, jhvjju....

Sorry forgot to breathe.....:shark:

I'm excited!!! :sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

Jamie said he has a new deal this year, double or nothing arm wrestling for the bill! :fighting0030:

HuyFishin
04-02-2013, 03:35 PM
i'm going to prince rupert in aug for fishing!!:sHa_shakeshout:

Jack&7
04-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Awesome, Ken! Good for you...

I wish....someday!

Jamie
04-02-2013, 06:04 PM
I was talking to Tundra Monkey about his big trip in May, and absolutely lucked out, there were 2 spots available for myself and RKZSN!

Ocean fishing for Koho and Chinook and chum and pink and halibut and rock cod and ling cod and octopus and crabs and prawn and sharks and orca and dolphins and dog fish and sea monsters and yellow eye and gadxy, hjhghfkknvcr, jhvjju....

Jamie said he has a new deal this year, double or nothing arm wrestling for the bill! :fighting0030:

Ken, it will be a honor have all you guys at our Lodge.
I promise you, tons of great food, millions of laughs, the best fleet of boats, the absolute best guides in all of Bc, Then to top it off, you are fishing the Legendary monsters of the Skeena and NASS rivers. It is a experiance you will never forget.
Bring your Fat pants and start working out your forearms!

Jamie

Mike_W
04-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Sweet deal Ken I'm sure you will enjoy yourself!!

KegRiver
04-02-2013, 07:16 PM
http://angedelaube.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/tigger_piglet_dance_animated.gif

Have a GREAT time Ken.

Wish I could go too. But I won't be going anywhere this year.
Gotta save money.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Ken you best watch out I meet up with ole Jamie there last year as he ordered some Emergency Tackle for his company there . Hes slimed down and is damn near as built as Iron Mike there .

Look forward to storys fellas .

Zuludog
04-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Have fun Ken sounds like a blast!!!! :sHa_shakeshout:

Jamie
04-03-2013, 09:56 AM
I wonder if we can make Ken this happy?

The pic below is the GOAL!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/JamieHunt/2012-08-06102733_zps5a86f501.jpg

Jamie

Jamie
04-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Getting closer Ken!!!!!

Jamie

Kodiak
04-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Make sure you give me a call when you get back, Karin and I are leaving June 4th for a 4 day trip !!

mountain_man
04-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Have fun Ken. When you heading down?? I will be in Campbell River from the 1st to the 4th of May doing some fishing with my Dad for his 60th Birthday.

Jamie
04-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Make sure you give me a call when you get back, Karin and I are leaving June 4th for a 4 day trip !!

Kodiak, this is going to be a very special trip for you guys.

We are looking forward to you guys coming out.

Jamie

Ken07AOVette
04-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Have fun Ken. When you heading down?? I will be in Campbell River from the 1st to the 4th of May doing some fishing with my Dad for his 60th Birthday.

Will do, and End of the month, 27-29 :sHa_shakeshout:

For sure!

Guitarplayingfish
04-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Your going to have a blast. Take lots of pictures, there are no better memories than salmon fishing on the ocean.

MtnGiant
04-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Take lots a pics to post.

I dont hafta say have fun....cause its just a given you guys will.

I'm happy you won ma man.

Oh btw...did I say how jealous I am that your fishing BC??? :)

Thunder Elk Hunter
04-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Hey Ken,

Jamie's right about your fat pants, you go for the food and stay for the fishing. You will have a blast.
We are going again in July this time not only the wife but the kids as well.

Last year the biggest we caught was 40lbs.

Ken hope you get a chance to join the Tyee club.

Good luck and good fishing.

TEH

Kodiak
04-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Thanks Jamie, we're looking forward to it too ! :sHa_shakeshout:
Looks like the way things are unfolding it may be a bit premature for the cause but we were never known for doing things in order anyways...the cause will still be the same after all said and done .....:love0025:

Take care, leave a couple tyees for me you guys...

SportHuntingHelp
04-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Have a great trip.

Safety D
04-24-2013, 01:09 PM
sounds like a hella of place to fish !!!!!

Jamie
04-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Guys, we really appreciate all the support.
I know all the staff is looking forward to seeing our past guests again and meeting all the new ones.

I don't know about you guys, but I am already having issues sleeping at night. Seems the sound of a screaming Islander pops into my head as I try to fall asleep.
I am just counting the days until we can all sit around on the deck and tell our war stories of the day we spent fishing some of the best water in all of the world.

Jamie

Ken07AOVette
05-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Countdown has begun!

25, 24, 23, 22, 21........

Getting a little excited....:sHa_shakeshout:

Jamie
05-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Countdown has begun!

25, 24, 23, 22, 21........

Getting a little excited....:sHa_shakeshout:

Ken, it's going to be fantastic hosting you guys.
We are putting the final touches on everything we can here from a management POV. Boots on the ground in Rupert a week before you get out.

Jamie

OneGirlWolfPack
05-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Your going to have a blast. Take lots of pictures, there are no better memories than salmon fishing on the ocean.

So true!

Hope you guys have fun! Can't wait to see the pictures! :)

Jamie
05-06-2013, 10:05 AM
So true!

Hope you guys have fun! Can't wait to see the pictures! :)

With us having more staff this year, I am thinking we will have way more pictures to share on line.

Jamie

Ken07AOVette
05-06-2013, 10:25 AM
20! :sHa_shakeshout:

Kodiak
05-06-2013, 12:51 PM
You're killin me buddy, if you need a park and ride, let me know
5555-9*6-0617
Can't figure it out, just pm me.
C

Jamie
05-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Thats really nice of you Kodiak.

Great to see other members and guests of GPSL helping each other out.

Jamie

Kodiak
05-07-2013, 12:43 PM
That's the least I can do for Ken, he's delivered a few things I've bought even to my work. Not to mention how he helps everyone he can !!

keep6matt
05-07-2013, 12:45 PM

Bahahaha thats hilarious!!! Ken you are worse than a kid at xmas waiting for Santa Claus, can't say I blame you, I would be tossing and turning every night, restless for the trip to commence, enjoy yourself, we are expecting great stories and lotsa pictures when you get back....so jealous.

Jamie
05-07-2013, 04:02 PM
You know guys... When Ken and Tundra's groups are coming up, they will be our first guest's of the season. No 2 ways about it, this is a early season trip.
Where if the past is any measure, we should see quality over quantity.

However, Since it's our opening week, and one of guides is able to make it up a week earlier than what was originally planned, I don't mind giving a SMOKING hot deal in order to fill the second boat and have a further test of our systems.

I am extremely hesitant to throw out the number, but trust me it will never be repeated at any other time of year.

If you want to come and experience this for yourself, give me a call

I will be as straight forward with everyone as I was with Ken and Tundra. We will be in the process of opening the Lodge and trying some new meals and getting every ones feet underneath them. Our high standards obviously will still be in play, but we may not be as organized as I want. Think of this trip as a soft opening for the season. I am only looking to cover expenses, so get in touch ASAP.

Thanks
Jamie
403-813-2704

Jamie
05-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Might have grabbed 3 more for the trip Ken. Looks like a full house.
I will let you know when things are 100%

For the rest of you, i have room for one more group of 3 or 2 before we start our season in June. If we dont have great Salmon fishing, we can allways go looking for Halis and all the other bottom fish.

The last week of May, i consider a Trophy trip. Its the week where in the past i have seen 50 pounders lost and actually had a fishing partner spooled by a monster. That fish had to be over 70 pounds. Perhaps we will get lucky this year and find one of that magnatude

Get in touch guys.

Jamie

Agb Crash
05-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Just sent you a PM,
Questions.
2 confirmed 1 wife still needs to approve (LOL)
Ken looking forward to a mini tourney?????

Crash

B_Type13X2
05-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Just sent you a PM,
Questions.

Crash

tell the one that needs wife approval to just go... after the missing persons report is filed she'll be glad that he showed back up. and there are enough people here who would be willing to provide a fake alibi...

Jamie
05-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Just sent you a PM,
Questions.

Crash

Ken and Tundra, just got off the phone with AGB.
Looks like it is going to happen!!!

What a great trip, loads of A/O members sitting on the deck talking about the fish they missed and other lies.

It's going to be great! What a way to kick off the season.

Jamie

Ken07AOVette
05-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Woohoo!!
The more the merrier, can't wait to get there!
I am leaving the truck with my cousin in Leduc, but thanks for the offer.

19, 18, 17....:sHa_shakeshout:

I just can NOT wait to catch at least one huge salmon on my little lake trout rod, which of course Jamie says is cheating, but we have a deal. If he can throw me off the boat, I won't use my own line even once!

(he has to lift me over his head, and toss me in the water.) :)

Jamie
05-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Woohoo!!
The more the merrier, can't wait to get there!
I am leaving the truck with my cousin in Leduc, but thanks for the offer.

19, 18, 17....:sHa_shakeshout:

I just can NOT wait to catch at least one huge salmon on my little lake trout rod, which of course Jamie says is cheating, but we have a deal. If he can throw me off the boat, I won't use my own line even once!

(he has to lift me over his head, and toss me in the water.) :)

Come on, you know i have a bad shoulder.
Dont blame me when one of these bad boys turns your rod into matchsticks.
And we use Islanders at the Lodge, how ever we do have some level winds for the fairer sex that comes with us.
Lololololol
Jamie

Ken07AOVette
05-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Come on, you know i have a bad shoulder.
Dont blame me when one of these bad boys turns your rod into matchsticks.

Jamie

Hey now that I like! A one arm challenge!!!

That sounds great!

(but I am bringing my wetsuit just in case you have been working out) :)

Victor L
05-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Hey

We are Two guys thinking on hitting the skeena or kalum river this june for fishing a couple of weeks but some say its To early To fish in june orters do not ?? We are looking for a guide for 1-4 days To , We want To river fish :) can u guys recomend us some lodges or guides?

Jamie
05-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Hey

We are Two guys thinking on hitting the skeena or kalum river this june for fishing a couple of weeks but some say its To early To fish in june orters do not ?? We are looking for a guide for 1-4 days To , We want To river fish :) can u guys recomend us some lodges or guides?

Victor, thanks for asking.
Unfortunatly, we only do Ocean fishing. However I do have access to some great guides in the Terrace area if you wish. I know we can get you set up.

Go ahead and give me a call and I will get the ball rolling for you
403-813-2704

Jamie

Jamie
05-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Ken and Tundra.. Lodge is FULL!!!
You guys all kinda know each other.. I know this is going to be a blast for everyone.

I am working on getting a Chef up the Lodge for that week. High end guy out of Calgary, runs a major G/C here in town.

That way you guys dont have to eat my cooking!
(Nore do I)

AGB is in with his buddys, Ken is bringing a friend, Tundra is driving ALLLLLL the way down with a buddy.
Thanks guys!

We still have room for 2 or 3 in the 3 days following this trip, if anyone else wants to cross off something on the bucket list, give me a call.

Thanks
Jamie
Jamie

Victor L
05-10-2013, 12:15 AM
Hi jaime thank's for the fast replay !

If you could help us your our hero , its a lot of guides to choose on around terrace and We hope find some good ones :)

We are staying for 4 weeks so who know maybe We Will take a ocean tour Too ;) sry for the spelling im writing on My phone .

I can't phone you cuz im in Sweden right now but if you have a E mail i would love To take it!!

Tight lines
/ victor

Jamie
05-10-2013, 12:32 AM
Hi jaime thank's for the fast replay !

If you could help us your our hero , its a lot of guides to choose on around terrace and We hope find some good ones :)

We are staying for 4 weeks so who know maybe We Will take a ocean tour Too ;) sry for the spelling im writing on My phone .

I can't phone you cuz im in Sweden right now but if you have a E mail i would love To take it!!

Tight lines
/ victor

Victor
greatpacificsalmonlodge@gmail.com
I need dates please.

I already talked with a guide who called tonight. We will get you out there.

Jamie

Ken07AOVette
05-12-2013, 12:22 AM
16,15,14:sHa_shakeshout: :sHa_shakeshout: :sHa_shakeshout:

Holy hell 2 weeks to go!!!! :)

Ken07AOVette
05-14-2013, 09:33 AM

Jamie the countdown is speeding up!!!

Jamie
05-14-2013, 06:45 PM

Jamie the countdown is speeding up!!!

Ken, I leave on Thursday night. I am hoping to do some test fishing Saturday night.
BTW you get Brand new towels and perhaps a new deck set to break in.
As well, some spanking new TFO rods need to be christened in.

See you in a bit!
Jamie

Tundra Monkey
05-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Man I really gotta check the fishing section once in awhile :ashamed:

I am soooo looking forward to this :sHa_shakeshout:

Myself and Dcutter off of this site will be heading down.......just a lil' 24hr drive. All the greasy spoons and ballets on the way down better look out :lol:

I am truly looking forward putting some faces to the words I've laughed and cried with over the last few years :happy0180:

Ken07AOVette
05-16-2013, 06:58 PM
11, 10

It's just around the corner now!

And new towels, deck sets and fishing rods to steal!!!! :sHa_shakeshout:

Woohoo!

Ken07AOVette
05-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Remember Jamie, limes, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, ice and Malibu rum.:)

Quantity- 4 big limes, 1 cup sugar, 6 cups water, 6 tbsp scm per jug.

1 jug lasts only a few seconds.

Tools- measuring cup, strainer, 2 pitchers, tbsp.

I guarantee most guys will like these.

Kodiak
05-17-2013, 07:10 AM
At least leave one new rod for me will ya, maybe a chair too.........

That sounds good, will it go with Bacardi as well ?

Tundra Monkey
05-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Remember Jamie, limes, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, ice and Malibu rum.:)

Quantity- 4 big limes, 1 cup sugar, 6 cups water, 6 tbsp scm per jug.

1 jug lasts only a few seconds.

Tools- measuring cup, strainer, 2 pitchers, tbsp.

I guarantee most guys will like these.

Do I have to leave my "Man Card" up here to drink these :sHa_sarcasticlol:

We're leaving a week today for the trip :sHa_shakeshout:

Ken07AOVette
05-19-2013, 10:22 AM
9,8,7....:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

TM - Brazilian lemonade is a wonderful thing, very tart and refreshing, the evil about it, is the more rum you add the sweeter it gets, Malibu takes the edge off.

If you are a scotch and water kind of guy, this won't be the drink for you. Oldman said it is too sweet for him, but after 50 years of smoking and eating bacon fried pie dough, his taste buds are just a memory.

Everyone that has tried it here has loved it and asks for it. :)

bagwan
05-19-2013, 04:35 PM
I hope those new deck chairs are extremely sturdy and HUGER size, Jamie. Big TESTER coming soon. Can't wait for the bragging and pictures.

Agb Crash
05-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Ken, I leave on Thursday night. I am hoping to do some test fishing Saturday night.
BTW you get Brand new towels and perhaps a new deck set to break in.
As well, some spanking new TFO rods need to be christened in.

See you in a bit!
Jamie

So how was fishing? So good you cant even report arms too tired to type.

Crash

Ken07AOVette
05-20-2013, 10:21 PM

Ok little nerve and butterflies right there!!!

Wooooooooohooooooooooooo!

Tundra Monkey
05-21-2013, 12:55 PM
9,8,7....:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

TM - Brazilian lemonade is a wonderful thing, very tart and refreshing, the evil about it, is the more rum you add the sweeter it gets, Malibu takes the edge off.

If you are a scotch and water kind of guy, this won't be the drink for you. Oldman said it is too sweet for him, but after 50 years of smoking and eating bacon fried pie dough, his taste buds are just a memory.

Everyone that has tried it here has loved it and asks for it. :)

Me thinx a few of these and there may be a tattoo comparison going on.....carefull.....could get interesting :D

Agb Crash
05-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Me thinx a few of these and there may be a tattoo comparison going on.....carefull.....could get interesting :D

Ewwwwww get that picture out of my mind, trampstamp on Big Ken!!!!

LOL

Jamie
05-21-2013, 02:37 PM
So how was fishing? So good you cant even report arms too tired to type.

Crash

Crash, made it out for one tide on Sunday. 2 chinook. 25 and 20 pounds.
Then we made our way on the ferry over to the Charlottes for a meeting.
Hit the west side of the QCI and nailed a 30 pound TYEEEEEEEE!
Crazy story! Involved a Seal.
One other one at 22.
Worked all day for 2 in the boat and one more bite
Winds up today

Out on the east side right now .
Looking for Hali's
Just dropped Anchor.
Jamie

Ken07AOVette
05-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Holy carp 4 days!!!!!

hal53
05-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Holy carp 4 days!!!!!

don't forget the Gravol, and have a great time Buddy...looking forward to the pics...

The Fisherman Guy
05-21-2013, 06:41 PM
The Sea Bands wrist bands work best for me. No drugs, no side effects and no sickness. Put them on 30min to 1h before sailing and you should be good to go!

Most drug stores carry them, Shoppers, Rexall etc.

Have fun Ken!!

Looking forward to the pics and trip report upon your return!

Serengeti Charters
05-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Go for the sea sickness patch. Just put behind ear and will be golden. Works for every guest I've had whereas everything else is hit or miss

mach123
05-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Hey Ken, it is wrong time of the yr to go there, you should let me go so you don't waste your time, lol.................Have a great trip.........

mach123
05-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Was up in port mcneil on last wednesday picking up a few bikes to haul back, was suppose to go fishing on thursday and the guy bailed, hmmmmm maybe next time.........

Jamie
05-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Water is easy in Rupert.
But the patch is what we recommend.
Out fishing right now in front of QC city. Nothing happening, one small jack.
But the guys on board are a riot.
Tomorrow sees us exploring the west side a bit more if the weather allows for it.

See you guys soon

Jamie

Ken07AOVette
05-21-2013, 11:24 PM
don't forget the Gravol, and have a great time Buddy...looking forward to the pics...

I'm hoping to have a great time, thanks Hal. I'm going to try and tough it out, never been affected before by any type of motion sickness, hope to be ok.

Jamie
05-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Looks like we are stuck on the east side again today.
Huge winds and waves to 5 meters.
YIKES!!!!
Perhaps tomorrow we can get out.
Toured 3 different lodges yesterday.
Some good ideas, and some great reminders we are doing things right.

Jamie

dcutter
05-22-2013, 06:52 PM
TM and I are hitting the road at 4 am Friday morning!!! Giggling like a School Girl!!!

dcutter
05-23-2013, 04:33 PM
12 hours and Tundra Monkey and I hit the highway!!!

Tundra Monkey
05-23-2013, 06:46 PM
A lil' snack of moose with the kidz and a snooze till my 3:00 shower :sHa_shakeshout:

Just gotta pack :sign0161:

Ken07AOVette
05-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Drive safe buddy! Take your time, enjoy the scenery!

3,2 :sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

All packed, cameras charged, water bottles freezing nicely!

Jamie
05-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Just got on the ferry to head back to Rupert. Rough fishing over here this year.
Tired, wind burnt and ready to see my own Lodge.
After touring a number of Lodges, I know we are doing things right.
Some new ideas though.
2013 is going to be EPIC!

Jamie

omega50
05-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Will be following this thread very closely for the next while.

People will likely not remember all the details of the lodge, boat or the meals, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

Ken07AOVette
05-24-2013, 08:56 AM
24 hours 5 minutes until I get on the road!

:shark: :fighting0030::sHa_shakeshout:

Agb Crash
05-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Funeral for 1 of us (to attend), Wifes birthday party for the other. We will leave late saturday night 11-12 pm. Drive all night. Will be there Sunday. Can't wait.

Ken07AOVette
05-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Drive safe Chris.

I got my license and stamp online, great deal, no driving or worrying.

Kodiak
05-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Condolences as well AGB

Me too Ken, please keep us posted, can't believe the anxiety building....

A little worried, haven't been billed for our plane tickets on my visa yet ( online ) but have been for seat pref and have itinerary, etc.

11, 10, .......

Have fun you guys !!!!!!!!

Jamie, I'll call or email you next weekend to make sure you survived this adventure, lol

Cal.

Lefty-Canuck
05-25-2013, 11:26 AM
I have never gotten sea sick but I always take precautions.....nothing ruins a day or a week of fishing faster than getting sick on a boat, watch several guys not return to the water because of it.

I use the behind the ear patch and it seems to help....I used this non drowsy stuff Bonine in Hawaii and I have never been so much in lalaland in all my life....it was for sure not nondrowsy.....

LC

Sundancefisher
05-25-2013, 12:11 PM
I have never gotten sea sick but I always take precautions.....nothing ruins a day or a week of fishing faster than getting sick on a boat, watch several guys not return to the water because of it.

I use the behind the ear patch and it seems to help....I used this non drowsy stuff Bonine in Hawaii and I have never been so much in lalaland in all my life....it was for sure not nondrowsy.....

LC

I always recommend 12 hour gravol on my trips. I take one before our flight to Masset...then I am good regardless of the conditions that day for fishing. Take one in the morning and it is out of your system when you are finished for the day.

Jamie
05-26-2013, 12:16 AM
Tundra and Dcutter made the Lodge today.
Great dinner, lots of work still going on and both just jumped at the chance to help.
Lodge is starting to take shape.

Great guys both of them. Rest of the group in Sunday night.

I have been up since 5 am.. Heading to bed.

Jamie

dcutter
05-27-2013, 08:33 PM
What an unbelievable day. Ken absolutely Dominated a 42. plus pounder and TM doubled up on a pair of 25 pounders.Everyone put fish in the boat today. What an absolutely fantastic lodge you are running here Jamie. The Lodge is gorgeous and the food fantastic!

MtnGiant
05-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Suweet...good for you boys!!! :sHa_shakeshout:

I'll try hard to keep my jealously in check.

Jamie
05-29-2013, 07:56 AM
Loads of story's and killer pics going to happen in this thread.
Stay tuned, I will let the Victims tell their own Versions.
What a great way to open the season!

Jamie

Jamie
05-30-2013, 12:48 AM
All A/O members are on the road with fish frozen. Great 3 days with a good amount of fish caught and a monster that was long line released.

3 Tyeeeeeeee caught and a boat load of memory's for all involved.

This was a special trip, filled with special people. (Some more special than others) Though each of them thanked us profusely, it is us that owe each of you a thank you. It's guys like you all that make this a special place.

As a owner, when you say goodbye to such a group, you really do feel honored to have hosted them. And you remember why you got into this BIZ.

Thanks guys for a great 3 days. Only issue I have is that you couldn't stay for another trip. But that's something we will tackle next year.

Jamie

Bound2Fish
05-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Cant wait for the pictures and stories.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Keep Rippin lips boys .

marlin1
05-30-2013, 08:46 PM
looking forward to some pics

Ken07AOVette
05-31-2013, 08:37 AM
I got home at 02:30, drove 17 hours yesterday and 4 the day before, after fishing.

I have about 2400 pictures to go through, after I get some chores done :love0025: and some work too, but will start a new thread in general.

Very short abbreviated version of the trip- go. Don't think about it, just book off some time and call Jamie.

Pics to follow.

The Fisherman Guy
05-31-2013, 09:10 AM
I got home at 02:30, drove 17 hours yesterday and 4 the day before, after fishing.

I have about 2400 pictures to go through, after I get some chores done :love0025: and some work too, but will start a new thread in general.

Very short abbreviated version of the trip- go. Don't think about it, just book off some time and call Jamie.

Pics to follow.

Come on man! The suspense is killing me! You are part of the Tyee club now, I just gotta see what a 40lb+ Chinook looks like in your hands!!

Great to hear you had an awesome trip Ken.

dcutter
05-31-2013, 02:24 PM
Team NWT made it safe and sound Jamie! Fish made it without a hitch, and I am marinading a package as we speak. I only hope my Missus and Offspring decide they really don't like fresh fish. I have been telling them how horrible it is for you and how it will grow your ear hairs. Hopefully that keeps them on chicken for the next few months :)

I had an absolute blast. Loads of fish and loads of good times. Thanks for everything Jamie!

diamonddave
05-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Come on with the pics boys, I've come to expect better from you guys. This is more than a little disheartening....

recce43
05-31-2013, 02:46 PM
No pics it didn't happen

dcutter
05-31-2013, 02:58 PM
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/irwinbob/2013Salmon014_zps4a8f70ae.jpg (http://s619.photobucket.com/user/irwinbob/media/2013Salmon014_zps4a8f70ae.jpg.html)

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/irwinbob/2013Salmon038_zpsadb09d08.jpg (http://s619.photobucket.com/user/irwinbob/media/2013Salmon038_zpsadb09d08.jpg.html)

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/irwinbob/2013Salmon066_zps1e9cdf39.jpg (http://s619.photobucket.com/user/irwinbob/media/2013Salmon066_zps1e9cdf39.jpg.html)

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/irwinbob/2013Salmon092_zps8534c85c.jpg (http://s619.photobucket.com/user/irwinbob/media/2013Salmon092_zps8534c85c.jpg.html)

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/irwinbob/2013Salmon117_zps38aac856.jpg (http://s619.photobucket.com/user/irwinbob/media/2013Salmon117_zps38aac856.jpg.html)

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/irwinbob/2013Salmon098_zpsc120fb24.jpg (http://s619.photobucket.com/user/irwinbob/media/2013Salmon098_zpsc120fb24.jpg.html)

Jamie
05-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Cutter
I saw the text you sent Shea.
I almost peed myself. Shaved his lawn.
Lolololololololol
You are one funny guy.
Enjoy the fish and be in touch about the charity ride.
Anything we can do to support our armed forces is a great thing.

Enjoy the fish
Post some pics buddy

Jamie

Tundra Monkey
05-31-2013, 06:43 PM
Wow what a drive......25 or so hours in a truck with Cutter :budo:

Tons of fish, laughs and incredible memories for sure!!

It was an incredible time Jamie. Thank you very much. :shake2:

Thank you Cat for all of your help in organizing this......we thought of ya out there Bro :shake2:

A special thank you to Boat Builder....pure class Sir :sLo_BigBearHug:

I'll give Cutter a call and see if he'll put up my pics for me.....apparently he has game :happy0034:

mooseknuckle
05-31-2013, 07:12 PM
WOW!! I wanna go just for the crab legs!! I imagine that was kens portion.

dcutter
05-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Full credit on the lawn shaving goes to TM. I gave him the password to my phone and he went crazy!

Ken07AOVette
05-31-2013, 07:22 PM
putting together pics now...

dcutter
05-31-2013, 08:36 PM
OK TM - First round of my jobs are finished. Before I hit round 2 I will post some pics for you! :)

dcutter
05-31-2013, 08:39 PM
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/irwinbob/2013Salmon101_zpsbb3a02cd.jpg (http://s619.photobucket.com/user/irwinbob/media/2013Salmon101_zpsbb3a02cd.jpg.html)

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/irwinbob/2013Salmon050_zps9de1e0ee.jpg (http://s619.photobucket.com/user/irwinbob/media/2013Salmon050_zps9de1e0ee.jpg.html)

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/irwinbob/2013Salmon031_zpsb84c3305.jpg (http://s619.photobucket.com/user/irwinbob/media/2013Salmon031_zpsb84c3305.jpg.html)

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/irwinbob/2013Salmon024_zps1e1bcc3b.jpg (http://s619.photobucket.com/user/irwinbob/media/2013Salmon024_zps1e1bcc3b.jpg.html)

MtnGiant
05-31-2013, 08:46 PM
OMG!!!!!!
Now the jealousy has kicked in.

Great pics guys and adventure

Ken07AOVette
05-31-2013, 08:59 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1128_zps56e4c937.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1128_zps56e4c937.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1132_zps8c10734d.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1132_zps8c10734d.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1151_zps7efb23b9.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1151_zps7efb23b9.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1157_zps44a4930c.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1157_zps44a4930c.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1160_zpsefbebc1e.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1160_zpsefbebc1e.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1178_zpsa9fea1f3.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1178_zpsa9fea1f3.jpg.html)

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1193_zpsd284495e.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1193_zpsd284495e.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1215_zps822fb35e.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1215_zps822fb35e.jpg.html)

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1237_zps8267666c.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1237_zps8267666c.jpg.html)

Ken07AOVette
05-31-2013, 09:03 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1247_zps2955fa94.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1247_zps2955fa94.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1248_zpsfb4076ed.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1248_zpsfb4076ed.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1254_zps7e814935.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1254_zps7e814935.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1256_zpsfa459000.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1256_zpsfa459000.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1260_zpsbabf2e13.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1260_zpsbabf2e13.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1268_zpsaad04cdd.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1268_zpsaad04cdd.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1337_zps5ac0ab11.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1337_zps5ac0ab11.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1367_zps9aa5d86b.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1367_zps9aa5d86b.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1380_zps4f61e318.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1380_zps4f61e318.jpg.html)

Ken07AOVette
05-31-2013, 09:06 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1387_zps4ce07bde.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1387_zps4ce07bde.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1398_zps3477c8c2.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1398_zps3477c8c2.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1417_zpsd1294897.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1417_zpsd1294897.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1495_zps0c767460.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1495_zps0c767460.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1662_zps2cb55aeb.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1662_zps2cb55aeb.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1756_zps120f8e6f.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1756_zps120f8e6f.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1793_zps6e3c8f57.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1793_zps6e3c8f57.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1881_zpsf20928fe.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1881_zpsf20928fe.jpg.html)

Ken07AOVette
05-31-2013, 09:10 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1885_zps440e81cf.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_1885_zps440e81cf.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2012_zps16a8a865.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2012_zps16a8a865.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2031_zps07b9a895.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2031_zps07b9a895.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2114_zps043b63fe.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2114_zps043b63fe.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2123_zps06298604.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2123_zps06298604.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2228_zps88e07faf.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2228_zps88e07faf.jpg.html)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2229_zps07cf1ac2.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2229_zps07cf1ac2.jpg.html)

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2263_zps792af357.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2263_zps792af357.jpg.html)

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2271_zps91c1c09a.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Salmon%20fishing%202013/IMG_2271_zps91c1c09a.jpg.html)

MtnGiant
05-31-2013, 09:10 PM
Oh I wanna cry...I miss BC

Great pics all around.

I have no other words...I'm all choked up

Ryry4
05-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Wow. Great pics!!

Tundra Monkey hasn't got any prettier than last time I saw him. :love0025:

Was this trip a little less of a "climate shock" than the last one. Did you break a record for smallest fish with that one in the picture?

Jamie
05-31-2013, 09:56 PM
Wow. Great pics!!

Tundra Monkey hasn't got any prettier than last time I saw him. :love0025:

Was this trip a little less of a "climate shock" than the last one. Did you break a record for smallest fish with that one in the picture?

Actually, the small ones are Coho. Extremely early, but great table fare for tag fillers. It's about 2 weeks early.

Great picS guys, please keep them coming.

Jamie

dcutter
06-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Fist batch is on the smoker! As soon as I figure out how to get from phone to photobucket to AO I will be providing proof :)

Overnight cure with brown sugar, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. hour 1 into a 2 hour smoke over maple, then an apricot/bourbon glaze for the final 30 minutes. I just hope the bourbon lasts another hour. I would hate to have to go and buy more!

First attempt:
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/irwinbob/2013-06-01124907_zpsf426e91e.jpg (http://s619.photobucket.com/user/irwinbob/media/2013-06-01124907_zpsf426e91e.jpg.html)

Alberta Bigbore
06-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Nice pics Ken!!

MtnGiant
06-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Looks like a fantastic trip and fun times.

Did you guys do any Sturgeon fishing???....after all....that was sposed to be the reason for the contest LOL :)

btw.....not hard to figure out who Ken is.....maybe your handle should be MtnGiant....or in this case OceanGiant :)

The Fisherman Guy
06-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Very cool!

Looks like an awesome trip, great food, friends and fishing.

Outstanding. :sHa_shakeshout:

hal53
06-02-2013, 06:32 PM
nice to grab some Cohos this early, looks like a great trip!!!!

catnthehat
06-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Looks like a fantastic trip and fun times.

Did you guys do any Sturgeon fishing???....after all....that was sposed to be the reason for the contest LOL :)

Uh, wrong contest!!:)
Cat

marlin1
06-02-2013, 06:56 PM
nice fish Ken , great pics too , looks like a good trip

BobLoblaw
06-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Fantastic stuff, you guys; I'll bet it was a blast!
You got some great pics there, Ken; nice to see something besides grip&grin shots.
That one salmon is a hawg. I mean, it even looks big when Ken holds it...:)

Ken07AOVette
06-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Fist batch is on the smoker! As soon as I figure out how to get from phone to photobucket to AO I will be providing proof :)

Overnight cure with brown sugar, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. hour 1 into a 2 hour smoke over maple, then an apricot/bourbon glaze for the final 30 minutes. I just hope the bourbon lasts another hour. I would hate to have to go and buy more!

First attempt:
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/irwinbob/2013-06-01124907_zpsf426e91e.jpg (http://s619.photobucket.com/user/irwinbob/media/2013-06-01124907_zpsf426e91e.jpg.html)

Buddy those look awesome!

KegRiver
06-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Fantastic!!

Looks like you all had great weather and awesome fishing.

I so wish I could have gone with you all. But alas not this year.

I did get to do a bit of fishing while I was in Prince George last week and I took a new Canadian fishing yesterday. But I do miss the salt water fishing.
Maybe next year.

If not, maybe I can organize a trip north. That's another trip I've been wanting to make for a while. It's a lot more doable for me.

Anyway. I'm happy for you guys. And thanks Jamie, you are the best!
I'll never forget how you tried to help us last year. The offer alone made our trip much more memorable.

I want to see at least one whale and catch at least one Salmon before I move on to other things.

Ken07AOVette
01-25-2014, 10:20 PM
Next trip is gearing up!

Still room for 3 June 20-22

Ken07AOVette
07-08-2019, 09:57 PM
This was the trip that started all the fishing insanity.

Now 7 years later, after going back the following year I remember everything about the very first trip.

Less than a week before I go again, and I still watch the video's from the very first trip.

Great memories.

Jim Blake
07-09-2019, 01:05 PM
This was the trip that started all the fishing insanity.

Now 7 years later, after going back the following year I remember everything about the very first trip.

Less than a week before I go again, and I still watch the video's from the very first trip.

Great memories.

Hope you have a great trip this year! Looks like you are a DIY salt water guy now. I can't find this Lodge on a current google.

Ken07AOVette
07-09-2019, 08:31 PM
Hope you have a great trip this year! Looks like you are a DIY salt water guy now. I can't find this Lodge on a current google.

GPSL is only on T-shirts now unfortunately.

Thanks Jim, reports are amazing right now!