PDA

View Full Version : regulation for sauger

allenford
04-03-2013, 04:25 PM
just found that NSR, sauger limit 3 from Apr 1 to May 14.

comparing with previous years, from Apr 1 to May 14 usually is 0 and 3 after.

never caught one though.

waterninja
04-03-2013, 06:32 PM
iv'e caught 3 sauger on the nsr since dec. released all of them.

highwood
04-03-2013, 07:40 PM
just found that NSR, sauger limit 3 from Apr 1 to May 14.

comparing with previous years, from Apr 1 to May 14 usually is 0 and 3 after.

never caught one though.

Probably a typo.

Fishing_Junkie88
04-04-2013, 07:19 AM
mmmm sauger. cant wait to fry some up

chriscosta
04-04-2013, 06:08 PM
from the nsr? RraaAAAALLllllph!!!!!!!

Fishing_Junkie88
04-04-2013, 09:07 PM
from the nsr? RraaAAAALLllllph!!!!!!!

how so?? im dont eat fish daily from there. not even weekly, not even monthly (although i would).. its the same difference as eating chemically enhanced or altered foods nowadays...

chriscosta
04-04-2013, 11:28 PM
i wasnt tryin to offend if i rubbed ya wrong by chance its just a very dirty river around this city i might consider it up by drayton but i doubt it . i dont think anyone should keep anything from there

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-05-2013, 12:37 AM
i wasnt tryin to offend if i rubbed ya wrong by chance its just a very dirty river around this city i might consider it up by drayton but i doubt it . i dont think anyone should keep anything from there

Actually your very wrong , There is some stuff that gets through but its running water And I would sooner eat a fish out of that river then I would a lake like Pigeon that gets Blue green algae , go read up on that stuff and what causes it and you will then know what im saying .

At least the water in the river moves constantly and walleye and sauger aren't sitting there feeding on used tampons or whatever might swim by .
Anyway Ive got the facts about the cleanliness of the NSR river . Just because its a very muddy doesn't make it very dirty . I could sit down with you and show you charts , or better yet do a little reading on the City of Edmonton water authority and youll know as much as I do .

There fore them sauger are good eating and I will continue to keep the odd few to fry up .

waterninja
04-05-2013, 01:20 AM
i feel compelled to respond. the nsr gets a very bad rap for being "dirty" simply because it has a mud bottom instesd of gravel. yes it gets it fair share of runoff through the storm drains but in the last ten years + most of the major drains go to the water plant to be "purifired" if not at least filtered. even though i don't personnally eat fish from the nsr i know a lot of people who do and they seem to be doing ok.

if you didn't grow or harvest your own food how the heck do you really know what your ingesting? quit slagging the nsr.

Fishing_Junkie88
04-05-2013, 06:07 AM
John and Ninja, couldnt have said it better... nothing wrong with the NSR and im tired of it gettting such a horrible rap by people who dont know what theyre saying..

tonypower
04-05-2013, 07:40 AM
I have had a couple shore lunches over the years at the nsr. I have never tried sauger. Is it like walleye?

buckbrushoutdoors
04-05-2013, 08:01 AM
I have had a couple shore lunches over the years at the nsr. I have never tried sauger. Is it like walleye?

Tastes like sturgeon but with less bones than a bull trout

dodgeboy1979
04-05-2013, 03:44 PM
lol tastes like chicken......no really it's very similar to walleye. I've been eating the fish from the river around LLoyd for years and no problems. As stated above the river gets a "dirty" rep as it has silts present in the water that make it appear dirty. The effluent that is discharged from water treatment etc.... around the city put water back that is actually cleaner than the water in the river.