PDA

View Full Version : Last Day at Calling Lake

Walleyemagnet
04-03-2013, 10:42 PM
And so it goes that another great season has to come to an end. It was a fitting end on the last day on my favorite lake on my favorite spot. I ended up icing around a dozen healthy walleyes. To all my fellow AO members: may next season bring even more excitement than this one. Peace! Good luck on the water this summer!!

Walleyemagnet
04-03-2013, 10:47 PM
And so it goes that another great season has to come to an end. It was a fitting end on the last day on my favorite lake on my favorite spot. I ended up icing around a dozen healthy walleyes. To all my fellow AO members: may next season bring even more excitement than this one. Peace! Good luck on the water this summer!!

Oh, fish too!

Kim473
04-04-2013, 05:44 AM
Will only be able to keep one this year. New regs.

wellpastcold
04-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Nice fish! Good to see them looking healthy again. Congratulations.

Safety D
04-05-2013, 11:41 AM
To bad its only 1 fish now :(

HuyFishin
04-05-2013, 11:52 AM
To bad its only 1 fish now :(

i wonder why they did that, i thought the walleye there were overpopulated, starved and malnourished enough

waterninja
04-05-2013, 11:53 AM
quit trying to depress me (looking at the fresh snow today has already done that). there is still a month left of ice fishing left on the trout ponds around edm.

baptiste_moose
04-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Nice work Preston. Glad to see you had a great finale!!

Mayhem
04-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Nice healthy lookin eyes...great way to end the season.

Walleyemagnet
04-06-2013, 12:24 PM
i wonder why they did that, i thought the walleye there were overpopulated, starved and malnourished enough

The population seems to have come down last year. No more 150-200 fish days last summer, which is a good thing. The ones that remain look super healthy compared to the "Kate Moss" ones from a couple seasons ago. I think dropping the limit down to one will produce some true trophies again in the next 5 years. I caught one on "the wall" on the south side of VW on my last open water trip last fall that was easily pushing 10lbs. We lost her at the net but my buddy will vouch for me-she was a hog. I predict that 3-5 years from now you'll be able to catch walleyes topping 10lbs at Calling on a daily basis. That will be fun.

baptiste_moose
04-06-2013, 12:39 PM
The population seems to have come down last year. No more 150-200 fish days last summer, which is a good thing. The ones that remain look super healthy compared to the "Kate Moss" ones from a couple seasons ago. I think dropping the limit down to one will produce some true trophies again in the next 5 years. I caught one on "the wall" on the south side of VW on my last open water trip last fall that was easily pushing 10lbs. We lost her at the net but my buddy will vouch for me-she was a hog. I predict that 3-5 years from now you'll be able to catch walleyes topping 10lbs at Calling on a daily basis. That will be fun.

Couldn't have said it better myself!