PDA

View Full Version : clearwater river

TheBandit
04-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Hello everybody, I want to head down to the clearwater river west of Caroline in the next couple of weeks. Has anyone been out there recently? How much snow should I expect in 2 weeks? Where is a good access point to park the truck and start hiking to find a decent spot? As well I was thinking about bringing out the. 22 and doing some plinking, would this be a potential issue? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Steven Noel
04-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Caught my first stream trout on the upper Clearwater on April 25 of last year. There was a lot of snow and ice up there even then, and last winter was pretty mild.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=130719

But hey, go for it - it's beautiful country up there.

TheBandit
04-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Looks gorgeous over there. Would you be able to give me some general directions?

dodgeboy1979
04-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Travel down the highway to about the Phylis Lake turn off, there will be a little trail off to the south where there are some cabins etc...., you can drive your truck right back there and park on the gravel bars of the river. Lots of great pools either up or downstream from there.

TheBandit
04-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Travel down the highway to about the Phylis Lake turn off, there will be a little trail off to the south where there are some cabins etc...., you can drive your truck right back there and park on the gravel bars of the river. Lots of great pools either up or downstream from there.

would that be considered crown land?

dodgeboy1979
04-09-2013, 04:08 PM
yup it sure is, the odd time you will come accross people camping down there on the gravel bar. The road in is a public road

TheBandit
04-09-2013, 10:20 PM
perfect, well I guess the 12 gauge and 22's will be coming out then

Rockyman
04-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Please don't park on the gravel bars in the river. It's an eyesore for other people using the river and any oil or other fluids leaking from your truck will end up in the river. Depending on where you go you may also be contributing to erosion problems.

fish gunner
04-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Please don't park on the gravel bars in the river. It's an eyesore for other people using the river and any oil or other fluids leaking from your truck will end up in the river. Depending on where you go you may also be contributing to erosion problems.

X2 found 3 three tubes of axle grease on a bar. Accedents happen

TheBandit
04-14-2013, 10:34 AM
well i'll be making sure the truck is parked somewhere safe, not going to get any fluids into the river.