PDA

View Full Version : jasper fishing

pond jumper
04-10-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm heading to jasper in the last week of june and was wondering where are some good spots to fly fish? I'll be taking my float tube so either stream fishing or lake. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

dodgeboy1979
04-10-2013, 01:15 PM
can't beat the athabasca river, there are lots of nice pools etc.. cast big streamers and you should have no problems finding decent bulls

Speckle55
04-10-2013, 01:41 PM
here is a post i made on another Jasper thread/if you want more detail just use search engine on here lots of info

David:)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depends on what you want to fish ..

Trout you can,t beat Maligne Lake.. you can rent boats at the boat house for the day .. if you want to spend and get a guided trip it will be Totally Awesome .. Rainbows and Brook Trout

Pike/Lake Whitefish .. Talbot Lake you will drive by as you come in from Hinton/Edmonton.. boat rentals available too and guides

Rocky Mountain Whitefish/Bull Trout ... Athabasca River Where the Snaring river/Maligne river runs in downstream abit in the clearer water and casting into dirty..

Hope this helps
if you need more info just ask