PDA

View Full Version : Great Bear Lake

Gord
04-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Has anyone on here ever fish Great Bear lake with Plummer's Lodge? I am thinking of giving it a try or maybe someone has another idea for extra huge Lakers....

Gord

fishpro
04-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Has anyone on here ever fish Great Bear lake with Plummer's Lodge? I am thinking of giving it a try or maybe someone has another idea for extra huge Lakers....

Gord

Check out these guys on Lake Athabasca - www.lakersunlimited.com

Great Bear Lake has some huge lakers, but I've heard that some people go many trips before landing a 20lb fish. On the other hand, at lakers unlimited, two guys went to their "pike lodge" in the spring (before laker season is at its best), and in about 10 hours worth of fishing for trout they landed 27 fish over 20lbs.

However, if you want a chance at a 50lb+ fish, then Great Bear is your best bet (even though the odds are still really low).

Peace Country
04-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Hello Gord,
I have a fishing lodge at Aylmer Lake and Clinton Colden lake it is in the NWT 227 air miles NE of Yellowknife.

Our Waterways: Lodge guides have easy access to some of the greatest fishing water with in a true trophy quality lake in the NWT. Aylmer Lake Lodge guides are licensed for Aylmer Lake-Clinton –Colden Lake and all the rivers and streams that flow into and out of these lakes. We have many outpost lakes and river to fish as well all these lakes, rivers and streams in the breathtaking of the NWT. Solitary fishing trips are the norm up here as we are the only lodge and boats on the remote fishing area. You will not see any other anglers on these waters other than those staying at the lodge.

Fishing Pressure: There is none period! No commercial fishing ever! No native substance fishing ever! Unlike other combat-fishing destinations, fishing in our waterways is peaceful – allowing you to enjoy the magnificent scenery as nature intended. Our waters are only fished when our guests venture out, so you to cast and catch in solitude.

For a few glorious weeks we offer exceptional fishing for trophy lake trout – our specialty at Aylmer Lake fishing Lodge. Forget what you thought you knew about fishing for lake trout. Fishing here isn’t like fishing anywhere else! At Aylmer Lake Fishing Lodge trout are found in shallow water all summer long (15’ to 25’) making them the hardest fighting most aggressive fresh water fish you’ve battled. Here you will find some of the most satisfying fishing opportunities of your life whether you choose to troll fly fish or jig. Get ready to set your hook, keep a tight line and reel in a trophy lake trout. Aylmer Lake is teeming with fish and anglers consistently pull out trophy Lakers up to 40lbs. Our current record is 58lbs caught in 2009.
GPS Coordinates: 64°10’N 108°06’W
Gord give a shout if you want to chat about this adventure for trophy lake trout.

35 whelen
04-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Most of the world and line class records come from G.B. big fish, BIG water ,long boat trips to spots ,but if you go check out TREE RIVER CAMP they used send guests up to tree for a day of char fishing Best fishing in the world for char ,cheers

bigfro47
04-11-2013, 08:46 AM
I was there in the 1st week of july in 2009, the lake was 90% frozen over, every guest there caught at least 1 over 30lbs the week they were there. We did a fly into Hornby bay, I caught a 47lb laker, then a 28lb, then a 25lb, then another 25lb, then a 20lb, then my buddy caught a 38lb, then a 28lb laker. We caught these fish all back to back, it was awesome. However access was limited from the lodge due to the shifting ice, wrong wind direction and your cut off from the rest of the lake. My guide was Scotty Orr, he did a great job for us. Know I have to save money for my next venture there, it is expensive. Good luck. ( Try to get into the bay of pigs, early)

Zip-in-Z
04-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Was at Plumbers - Trophy Lodge twice, always the first group to open the camp during the July long weekend, payed extra for a Beaver charter to MacIntosh Bay, if you hit the window just after ice out, lots of big trout 30-50 plus.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/hi.gif

Zip ...

Here's another tread & some pic's from GBL on "Lake Trout Devouring the Holy Grail".

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=170332&highlight=holy+grail

These are my two largest.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a515/ZIP-IN-Z/P1010602_zps8f002a8d.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a515/ZIP-IN-Z/P1010597_zpsa6bb84d1.jpg