PDA

View Full Version : That god forsaken bucket brigade

Pikecrazed
04-10-2013, 10:20 PM
This summer I put out my minnow trap in lake bonavista to see if I could get some lil suckers but anyways I kept catching these little minnows a the time I didn't know what they were so kept a few for future reference and today I found them deep in the cold grip of my freezer and did some research turns out they were perch so now I'm po at who ever did that but anyways I had heard rumors and thought i saw one through the ice so now I'm in contact with the guy who run all the fishing and so on about maybe getting it dyke netted or something of that sort

BeeGuy
04-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Got pics?

Is Bonavista connected to any other body of water?

goldscud
04-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Not connected, except by bucket.
Fyke, not dyke

Pikecrazed
04-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Got pics?

Is Bonavista connected to any other body of water?

Sorry I don't I'll see if I can get some but all my photo taking devices are indisrepair

Buck Krazy
04-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Scary you didnt know what perch looked like

slingshotz
04-11-2013, 08:45 PM
I'd assume they were really small, like 1-2 inches. It's not always easy to tell when they're that small.

I'm pretty annoyed that they are indeed perch. I remember talking to you last year and you mentioned that you thought you saw a little perch. I was hoping that either you were wrong or it was only one and was gonna get eaten by a trout. I had my camera down many times this year and only saw little schools of fry, was assuming they were suckers or chub, didn't see any larger perch.

I found a reference on the internet about suckers eating logperch eggs, which are the same family as our Alberta perch. I hope the big suckers will gorge on the perch roe cause that's the only hope we really have if some idiot dumped perch in the lake. It is not connected to any waterway, just like the other man made lakes so the only way they will get in there is from a bucket.

The trout in Bonavista are accustomed to eating fry, hopefully they'll help but judging from Sundance that's not likely.

Pikecrazed
04-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Scary you didnt know what perch looked like

No I know what they look like I just never saw them as 1 inch and under fish