PDA

View Full Version : Fishing around Lethbridge

nucuda
04-11-2013, 10:58 AM
New to Lethbridge and not sure of where to fish or what to use. Have mostly fished around Cranbrook area where I last lived . If anyone out there from Lethbridge needs a fishing partner for day trips and doesn't mind a newbe alberta fisherman tagging along send me a PM or reply here. I am a retired mid 60s male and do smoke but not in vehicles or homes(in case that bothers you)

munyee4321
04-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Lots of lakes in the surrounding areas continuing variouse fish varieties. Mainly pike, walley and whitefish.

Keho, st Mary's,jensens, ridge, park lake,cross coulee are few within under an hrs drive. Of course there's always the rivers and in city lakes too.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-11-2013, 12:22 PM
No lack of places to fish I've given serious thought to moving just because of the fishing opportunitys .

nucuda
04-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Forgot to mention that at this time I have no boat so am stuck with shore fishing . Can anyone recommend the best store to get lures ,bait etc that can give me good advise on fishing methods on these local waters.. Tks

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Forgot to mention that at this time I have no boat so am stuck with shore fishing . Can anyone recommend the best store to get lures ,bait etc that can give me good advise on fishing methods on these local waters.. Tks

You can fish off the docks at travers , there's them ponds in Lethbridge can't remember the names they got pike and trout ones at the university the others in a park . Sheridan or something like that , shoot a message to my buddy npauls tell him I sent ya he will help you out .

Scott N
04-11-2013, 01:02 PM
There are some good trout waters west of Lethbridge as well in the Pincher Creek area. Beauvais, Beaver Mines, and Lees Lake, along with the Crowsnest River. Farther south there is Police and Payne Lake, and quite a few other places if you head in the general direction of west.

hacman
04-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Unfortunatley you are limited when it comes to buying supplies. Wholesale Sports may have what you need but more often than not they don't have it. There are a couple good guys to talk to for information though. If you just need the basic gear then you may have to resort to Wally World or Crappy Tire. Lots of places to fish as mentioned by everyone else, all within a 1 to 1 1/2 hour radius, just depends what you want to catch.

npauls
04-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Let me know if you want to get out one evening or weekend or pm me with any questions and I will try to help you out.

I am hoping to have my boat out sometime in the near future if you are interested in joining me.

I mainly fish for walleyes during open water but every spring I chase rainbows with the fly gear and have been known to go for pike, perch, brookies, and browns.

Nate