PDA

View Full Version : Spray Lake

Jun
04-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Hello there, is anybody here know the ice condition on Spray lake? Is it still safe for people?
Want to go there this Friday or Saturday...
Thanks in advance!

jacenbeers
04-15-2013, 09:45 AM
I talked to a friend who was at Driftwood yesterday and he said the ice conditions were still just fine.

The Fisherman Guy
04-15-2013, 10:04 AM
The weekend of April 6-7, it was quite warm and the weather was unstable. We experienced rain, snow, sleet, and sunshine. The ice was deteriorating quickly. No flood water on top, and it is starting to honeycomb. The shoreline was quite sketchy in a lot of places. Open water in many places on shore.

Then the week of 8-12, the temperatures dropped and a blizzard dropped about 4" of fresh snow. This froze and covered the open water near shore. When we were up there on Saturday the 13th, it looked like a winter wonderland. Snow covering everything, and no open water anywhere.

Be careful out there folks, the middle of the lake is likely safe, but the edges and shore are sketchy. I would stick to the well defined trails, and do not walk the shoreline.

Fishing was slow, the Lakers are now becoming very wary of our presentations. Increased hookups come from watching their behavior on the Aquavu. Less and less fish are being caught as the last few weeks of ice fishing season is progressing.

Good luck out there guys, please be very careful.

Jun
04-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Thanks!

I talked to a friend who was at Driftwood yesterday and he said the ice conditions were still just fine.

Jun
04-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Thanks a lot!

The weekend of April 6-7, it was quite warm and the weather was unstable. We experienced rain, snow, sleet, and sunshine. The ice was deteriorating quickly. No flood water on top, and it is starting to honeycomb. The shoreline was quite sketchy in a lot of places. Open water in many places on shore.

Then the week of 8-12, the temperatures dropped and a blizzard dropped about 4" of fresh snow. This froze and covered the open water near shore. When we were up there on Saturday the 13th, it looked like a winter wonderland. Snow covering everything, and no open water anywhere.

Be careful out there folks, the middle of the lake is likely safe, but the edges and shore are sketchy. I would stick to the well defined trails, and do not walk the shoreline.

Fishing was slow, the Lakers are now becoming very wary of our presentations. Increased hookups come from watching their behavior on the Aquavu. Less and less fish are being caught as the last few weeks of ice fishing season is progressing.

Good luck out there guys, please be very careful.