PDA

View Full Version : Jasper - camping and fishing

g_trout
04-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Hello,

My family will be out of town around June 9 so I got some time to get some serious fishing in. Looks like most of the mountain streams and rivers are closed until mid June so I was thinking Jasper might be a nice place to go. I could do some exploring at the same time.

Has anyone ever fished Athabasca rivers in early June? There are three fish zones and all three will be open, is any one better? Is it worth trying or is lake fishing better?

How about Snaring, Snake Indian, Fiddle or Sunwapta rivers? Am I going to be able to wade up the rivers?

Thanks for your help.

travrgtr
04-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Really depends on the melt! You will have a lot of fun East of town if the waters running green or slightly green. If its grey, forget it. find a lake. Thats my experince with the water up there.

McLeod
04-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Hit Maligne lake

thumper
04-17-2013, 11:20 PM
Great time for Maligne. Right out from the launch in Home Bay is good at that time of year - a pontoon boat is all you'll need.

Speckle55
04-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Here is some info i posted if you need more i live in Hinton and have fished:character0053: the Park for over 40 years just ask.. i will be at Maligne Lake June 10 to 13 at Fishermans Bay campsite.. this will be my 34 year in a row:sHa_shakeshout:

David:)

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=174613&highlight=Maligne+Lake

bushtrout
04-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Maligne lake for trout, theres also alot of great pike lakes near my town. Rivers around Jasper really dont have the greatest fishing, hit the lakes. Go to online sports in town and ask to talk to Mike, he will hook you up!

Cal
04-20-2013, 08:51 PM
I;ve had some great fishing for Rockys on the Snaring later in the season. Not sure what it will be like that early.