PDA

View Full Version : favourite fishing shows?

waterninja
04-21-2013, 12:50 PM
now that i can use my laptop a little better and have it hooked up to the big screen i love to go on you tube to watch fishing( and hunting shows). my favourite show at present is "uncut angling". others include "wild tv", "angling edge" and "the consumate sportsman". i also like to watch the bill dance bloopers. bill has got to be the clumsiest host out there.

can anyone suggest more shows for me to watch?

npauls
04-21-2013, 12:56 PM
I like to watch Uncut Angling lately.

Other ones I try to watch weekly to see walleye content is The next bite, Lindners angling edge, and FLW outdoors sometimes shows the walleye tourneys.

TJG
04-21-2013, 01:20 PM
FLW got out of the walleye sponsership buss, no more walleye coverage.
Too bad to, liked seeing Keith strutt his stuff, now only the Next Bite.

I like to watch Uncut Angling lately.

Other ones I try to watch weekly to see walleye content is The next bite, Lindners angling edge, and FLW outdoors sometimes shows the walleye tourneys.

npauls
04-21-2013, 01:22 PM
FLW got out of the walleye sponsership buss, no more walleye coverage.
Too bad to, liked seeing Keith strutt his stuff, now only the Next Bite.

It is mostly bass now but I get lucky and see a walleye episode sometimes.

Albertafisher
04-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Fly Nation and The Wild Fisherman.

bwackwabbit
04-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Fish TV- Ron James is hilarious

Fishin' Canada- they even did an episode from Calling recently!

BeeGuy
04-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Addictive fishing.

fish gunner
04-21-2013, 01:55 PM
I like the one on the travel channel , no constant sponsor pluging,no boats that look like billboards . No one trying to sell gear they get for free. Cirill does a great job showing methods and species from around the world with out all the BS .sportfishing on the fly is of a similar quality . I like shows that sell fishing not gear .

BeeGuy
04-21-2013, 01:58 PM
I like the one on the travel channel , no constant sponsor pluging,no boats that look like billboards . No one trying to sell gear they get for free. Cirill does a great job showing methods and species from around the world with out all the BS .sportfishing on the fly is of a similar quality . I like shows that sell fishing not gear .

How do those shows survive????

dodger
04-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Cougar Town.

Dodger.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-21-2013, 03:02 PM
# 1 Uncut Angling , great show
#2 Babe Winklemen
#3 Fishin Canada show
#4 Al Linders angling edge
#5 the next bite
#6 In fisherman critical concepts .
#7 BC Outodoors sport fishing
#8 Dave mercers fact of fishing
#9 musky hunter
#10 fishing with Joe Butcher
#11 River Monsters

Winch101
04-21-2013, 03:19 PM
I miss Red Fisher.....Darryl Crozny.....that Dimestore guy he's the best.

Courtney and what's her name were ok unless they started talking.

fish gunner
04-21-2013, 03:35 PM
How do those shows survive????

Because the intent is to sell the sport of fishing and in order to fish you buy fishing gear. Im guessing the sponsors just dont feel the need to shove it down your throat . Ie each show has comercials. Novel idea I know . Oh and they dont spend much time chaseing bass cause we all know you need ten rods a 50000 $ useless boat and a one ton to haul it or you cant catch bass (even though every show with this gear gets it for free.)

chriscosta
04-21-2013, 03:41 PM

darryl cronzy is hands down the best GOING FISHING was my favorite forever what a champ he really knows his stuff and loves shore lunch and does not try to sell anything this is definately the best show goin since hes not on i find THE NEW FLY FISHER to be equally as awesome bill spicer is an amazing host to the show FISHN CANADA is awesome too and they did one on calling lake and lesser slave come to think of it the new fly fisher also did wabuman a few years back as well

lannie
04-21-2013, 03:45 PM
When he fished "TheWildNorth" on youtube is the best show. Trapping, hunting or fishing he is #1.

fishnchicks
04-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Fly nation is amazing...and I use to love gillz and finnz but sadly I think it is no longer. I haven't been able to find it for over a year or so:( but those are my favorite's as for fishing shows!

fishnfoo
04-21-2013, 05:54 PM

I agree. The Fishing Adventurer has some of the best locations and camera work. I also like the fact that the show does not push any brand of gear. The only gripe i have is the host is obnoxious (too many high fives).

Fish TV, FishnCanada and Fishful Thinking are just commercials for gear. I do not even watch these shows anymore.

ssyd
04-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Anything other than River Monsters. Not to say I don't watch it but Jeremy Wade's fearmongering just bugs the crap out of me.

Monster Fish on National Geographic is basically the same show but with a conservation angle as opposed to a "don't swim or you'll get eaten" angle. Definitely my favourite.

Beyond that, anything featuring species we have in Alberta will always get my attention.

I loved WFN while it was on free preview but I still can't be bothered to pay for it. 20 hours a day of rednecks manhandling smallmouths doesn't really do it for me.

BeeGuy
04-21-2013, 07:40 PM
+1 for the Cronz!

The theme song is in my sig!

Dust1n
04-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Hooked with mark krupa was an awesome show too bad they dont air it anymore

Brandonkop
04-21-2013, 08:34 PM
It must not be fishing season yet if you guys are talking about watching TV, hopefully winter ends soon for you guys.

These are the shows I like to watch on YouTube:
Uncut Angling (favorite)
Kayak Fishing Tales with Jim Sammons
The Consummate Sportsman
Saskatchewan Outdoors
In Depth Outdoors TV (Favorite)
Eric Haataja
Chew on This
Addictive Fishing

I spend most of my YouTube time working on improving my own channel and trying to make better videos. If you're interested check it out. I've posted videos on this blog before.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Also posted a couple of videos this week on tips I've learned from fishing down here for Rainbow Trout using minijigs. I have some sweet GOPRO underwater footage of near shore spawning rainbow trout and a small stream fishing video.

Spawning Rainbows on the Jig
http://youtu.be/F-DuqY5EDi0

Stream Fishing with Jigs
http://youtu.be/8b0WsOszWwA
Brandon

Mayhem
04-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Watch most of those already mentioned related to walleye.

Couple I miss though, The Complete Angler with o'l Don Lamont, he always did some on eyes out west here. Going way back, there was a show called Charlie White's Fishing Machine (I think) where he had a camera rigged to see the fish taking the lure, which was kinda cool, haven't seen anything like that since.

What do you mean "miss", unfortunately Dimestore is still on...Was ice fishing Calling a couple years ago, guys (well one in particular) beside us kept yapping non-stop. I was sure I had heard that annoying voice before, sure enough it was them.

mxer117
04-21-2013, 09:47 PM
http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/28/400d4ec6edcc45798976971a2e5ff09d/l.jpg

No likes "hookin up" with this girl? :love0025:

208prov
04-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Bob Izumi

waterninja
04-21-2013, 10:37 PM
wow! thanks for all the great suggestions and comments. looks like i have lots of good shows to check out with my morning (noon) coffee. thanks.

MtnGiant
04-21-2013, 10:42 PM
"The New Flyfisher"

Sat/Sun mornings at 8am

Any show that is based on fly fishing really.

pikergolf
04-21-2013, 11:26 PM
The old InFisherman, with Al Lindner, Doug Stange and gang. Most informative fishing show ever, way ahead of the rest, especially given the era it was on TV.

fishunter327
04-21-2013, 11:46 PM
West coast sporting journal
Sportfishing on the fly
Bc outdoor sportfishing
Anything with April Vokey.

LandonC
04-21-2013, 11:56 PM
I know its not really a "fishing show" by definition but I love watching River Monsters.

I really like AnglersThree on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/anglersthree

Fishing 411 has got to be the worst show I've ever seen. I cannot stand Mark Romanack.

OneGirlWolfPack
04-22-2013, 12:14 AM
River Monsters.
Mariko Izumi is cool until she does that high pitched shriek. Yuck.
Uncut Angling

TJG
04-23-2013, 12:16 PM
It is mostly bass now but I get lucky and see a walleye episode sometimes.

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/fishing-articles/features/154260/an-open-letter-to-readers-of-flw-walleye-fishing/#.UXanwEqRdMg

It's too bad money gets in the way of fishing, information & entertainment.
But nothing beats fishing in person!!!

bwackwabbit
04-23-2013, 01:13 PM
I agree. The Fishing Adventurer has some of the best locations and camera work. I also like the fact that the show does not push any brand of gear. The only gripe i have is the host is obnoxious (too many high fives).

Fish TV, FishnCanada and Fishful Thinking are just commercials for gear. I do not even watch these shows anymore.

Self control is clearly a rare trait amongst fishermen. Last time I checked nearly every broadcast program outside the news is hawking something or other. The trick is it only works if you let it.

I like them specifically because they don't take themselves to seriously and portray fishing as fun (novel concept I know).

chriscosta
04-23-2013, 02:28 PM
+1 for the Cronz!

The theme song is in my sig!
where can i find going fishing shows does anybody know i havent been able to find em since they took it off tv when the legendary chroz retired

TJG
04-23-2013, 03:28 PM
where can i find going fishing shows does anybody know i havent been able to find em since they took it off tv when the legendary chroz retired

Enter "going fishing tv" in the you tube search, lots there.

fishnfoo
04-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Self control is clearly a rare trait amongst fishermen. Last time I checked nearly every broadcast program outside the news is hawking something or other. The trick is it only works if you let it.

I like them specifically because they don't take themselves to seriously and portray fishing as fun (novel concept I know).

When I watch a fishing show I want to see fantastic locations, fish and camera work or I want to see an expert angler offering good advice and tips. I don't want to see average anglers yanking the 10,000th small mouth bass out of lake Erie and then trying to sell me a tires.

Dave Mercer does a good job of giving tips and going to good locations. Fish TV is the absolute worst. Poor angling skills and over the top sales pitches.

Even if the sales job isn't going to work on you, why waste your life on sub-standard programming. I don't think making a quality show and having fun are mutually exclusive.

Serengeti Charters
04-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Not sure how many of you are The Hunting Chronicles fans or not but one of their hosts Chris David is starting up a new fishing show called On-Line. I believe the first few episodes begin late Summer-early fall 2013. It won't be boring bass fishing that's for sure...aka 90% of WFN. From what I understand he wants to target big fish (halibut, salmon, sturgeon, lake trout, pike etc) on the show.

Fish along
04-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Anything other than River Monsters. Not to say I don't watch it but Jeremy Wade's fearmongering just bugs the crap out of me.

Monster Fish on National Geographic is basically the same show but with a conservation angle as opposed to a "don't swim or you'll get eaten" angle. Definitely my favourite.

Beyond that, anything featuring species we have in Alberta will always get my attention.

I loved WFN while it was on free preview but I still can't be bothered to pay for it. 20 hours a day of rednecks manhandling smallmouths doesn't really do it for me. I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE FEAR MONGERING,,,BUT HES CAUGHT SOME FEARFUL LOOKING CRITTERS ON THERE ..DIDNT LOOK LIKE A GOOD SWIMING HOLE..:thinking-006:

Alberta Bigbore
04-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Uncut Angling ...is the only one i watch.

The rest i watch is all hunting and gun shows.

Fish along
04-23-2013, 04:47 PM
hooked with mark krupa was an awesome show too bad they dont air it anymore

yeah mark had some good shows,,to bad would like to see more/

bwackwabbit
04-23-2013, 04:51 PM

When I watch a fishing show I want to see fantastic locations, fish and camera work or I want to see an expert angler offering good advice and tips. I don't want to see average anglers yanking the 10,000th small mouth bass out of lake Erie and then trying to sell me a tires.

Dave Mercer does a good job of giving tips and going to good locations. Fish TV is the absolute worst. Poor angling skills and over the top sales pitches.

Even if the sales job isn't going to work on you, why waste your life on sub-standard programming. I don't think making a quality show and having fun are mutually exclusive.

Dave Mercer! I don't think he could fit another logo on that boat! and he is a walking, talking Live Target commercial on air and off...lol. Has he ever left Ontario on that show of his? And from what I've seen, if the fish doesn't have "mouth" in its name it doesn't make his show too often.

Such a good angler he is relegated to hosting the Bassmaster's.

Fish TV has one spot each episode informing you of the gear they used during the show (exclusive of commercials of course). This is exactly what shows such as The New Fly Fisher etc. do.

If Mercer is your example of a good job done then Jerry Sienfeld should have his own fishing show!

But to each his own I guess.

fishnfoo
04-23-2013, 10:35 PM
Dave Mercer! I don't think he could fit another logo on that boat! and he is a walking, talking Live Target commercial on air and off...lol. Has he ever left Ontario on that show of his? And from what I've seen, if the fish doesn't have "mouth" in its name it doesn't make his show too often.

Such a good angler he is relegated to hosting the Bassmaster's.

Fish TV has one spot each episode informing you of the gear they used during the show (exclusive of commercials of course). This is exactly what shows such as The New Fly Fisher etc. do.

If Mercer is your example of a good job done then Jerry Sienfeld should have his own fishing show!

But to each his own I guess.

Dave Mercer at least gives some useful tips on rigging and presentation. Yes, I don't like the constant selling. Compare that to Fish TV, where they go to a fly in lodge and catch small walleye on husky jerks. That is the very definition of armature hour. They also show very little technique or rigging.

Charlie Wray also shows some good rigging and technique but is too much with pushing the Okuma and Seaguar products. He also goes to the same locations too often.

The point I was trying to make was, if a show is going to make me endure a 30 minute commercial, I want to see some good technique or great locations. If I don't get these things, why bother watching?

I watch most of my fishing video on line, because it is much more instructional. To each their own.

new LT
04-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Uncut is real good
In-depth outdoors is very educational
And of coarse Dave (Livetarget) Mercer...lol
Charlie is ok but can be annoying have talked with him quite a few times.

grinr
04-24-2013, 06:34 AM
"The New Flyfisher"

Sat/Sun mornings at 8am

Any show that is based on fly fishing really.
X2....No interest here if it ain't flyfishing.

I don't understand how these stupid bass fishn infomercials even survive?Yanking a bass out from under a dock in 8 seconds flat with a broomstick and winch.......booooooorrrrrrrringg.....zzzzzzzzzzz.. .
If I ever see another bass show in this lifetime it will be too soon.

curtis_rak
04-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Fishing Adventurer with Cyril Choquet is a great show. Good mix of a travel/adventure show and fishing.

I love redfish and speckled trout fishing, and Florida Adventure Quest is my fave for that stuff.

...and the most annoying show ever is John Gillespies Waters and Woods.

HuyFishin
04-24-2013, 01:17 PM
UNCUT ANGLING!!!! my all time fave:sHa_shakeshout:

Fishin canada is ok, alot of it is very corny and the commercials are just awful, RAM and MUSKOL commercial lol so annoying

Safety D
04-24-2013, 02:41 PM
I like Butt kicking sportfishing

LCCFisherman
04-24-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm done with Uncut.. infact unliked em on fbook too.. don't need a post every hour.

Best shows imo:

IGFA Saltwater Journal and George Poveromo's!!!

Fishing_Junkie88
04-24-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm done with Uncut.. infact unliked em on fbook too.. don't need a post every hour.

Best shows imo:

IGFA Saltwater Journal and George Poveromo's!!!

I dont get that many from them, plus there are ways to block out their headlines on your news feed. I support them because theyre "local" and entertaining. To each their own though, but for me I really really get sick of seeing all the saltwater shows on WFN, especiall the two youve listed. but again, to each their own. my favorites are facts of fishing, gettin schooled, river monsters, musky hunter and so many others lol. also from youtube i enjoy uncut angling and a few others, one of which is a fly fisherman from new zealand. some beautiful looking waters down there that one day i wish i could fish!!