PDA

View Full Version : Fish tagging on the bow. Just an FYI!

JReed
04-22-2013, 11:38 AM
See the attached link, just found it and thought i'd post. Cheers!

http://www.gov.ab.ca/acn/201304/3400424418A31-00B0-6C21-9423B94B96F319A9.html

trapshooter
04-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Thanks!

Gust
04-22-2013, 02:47 PM

goldscud
04-22-2013, 02:51 PM
It will be interesting to see if fish start going up the Elbow and creating a better fishery up near Bownesia

MtnGiant
04-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Interesting expense and project....but me thinks this Bow region is in pretty good shape for fish numbers.....2400 fish/mile is above Blue Ribbon standard.

This project would be better suited to less healthy rivers or at least study the Bow regions in the Canmore areas....now thats more of a troubled area.

MTB_FlyFisher
04-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Interesting expense and project....

This project would be better suited to less healthy rivers or at least study the Bow regions in the Canmore areas....now thats more of a troubled area.

It's explained directly in the provided link:
"The fish monitoring is a regulatory requirement for the weir’s reconstruction"

MtnGiant
04-22-2013, 04:38 PM
It's explained directly in the provided link:
"The fish monitoring is a regulatory requirement for the weir’s reconstruction"

Sorry your right....I shoulda bin more specific in saying that it would be a good idea to put forth a similar survey in the upper Bow regions to help the stocks improve. Canmore/Banff areas need some help. And its so beautiful there....it's a shame the state it's in at present.

JReed
04-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Sorry your right....I shoulda bin more specific in saying that it would be a good idea to put forth a similar survey in the upper Bow regions to help the stocks improve. Canmore/Banff areas need some help. And its so beautiful there....it's a shame the state it's in at present.

It is a shame! Why do you think the bow around Canmore/Banff holds less fish? Is the water temperature too cold? I've only fished that part of the bow once and it seemed relatively clean. Only other thing I could think of is lack of nutrients.

MtnGiant
04-22-2013, 04:50 PM
It is a shame! Why do you think the bow around Canmore/Banff holds less fish? Is the water temperature too cold? I've only fished that part of the bow once and it seemed relatively clean. Only other thing I could think of is lack of nutrients.

I've heard thru many grapevines....that the main reason is POACHING!!!!!!

The waters are clean and fish are table worthy....unlike the lower Bow