PDA

View Full Version : McQuillan Lake Stocked Trout

Dakota
04-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Has anyone else caught trout from McQuillan Lake (Indian Hill Golf Course) that are black spot parasite infested? Was there three weeks ago and both fish caught were loaded with black spot parasites under the skin. They are quite noticable look like pepper but are round tiny balls in the flesh. If cooked well they can be eaten I read, however not me. Wonder if this should be reported to Fish and Game ??

Guitarplayingfish
04-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Has anyone else caught trout from McQuillan Lake (Indian Hill Golf Course) that are black spot parasite infested? Was there three weeks ago and both fish caught were loaded with black spot parasites under the skin. They are quite noticable look like pepper but are round tiny balls in the flesh. If cooked well they can be eaten I read, however not me. Wonder if this should be reported to Fish and Game ??

This was talked about a few weeks ago.

They have a black worm parasite. They are safe to eat if cooked properly, but I wouldn't risk it. I wouldn't eat anything from there period.

Up to you if you want to report it... Sounds like tons of us are experiencing the same thing. There is not really anything that can be done about it, it will work itself out.