PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Mines

CrowsnestGuy
07-21-2008, 11:23 PM
I don't now if any of you have been fishing Beaver Mines lately, but the fishing has been pretty good. Mostly 12" Rainbows, but last 3 weeks i have probably pulled in 60 - 70 12". and a couple 15" - 17" in about 12 hours fishing total. The Trout seem to be going nuts for the Dragonfly's that are out. Here is a couple of pics of the lake, and a 17" Rainbow i caught on a Hopper i tied. I am there about every weekend fishing as i camp near the area, say hi next time you are out.

Richard

jrs
07-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Nice pictures.

Is anyone pulling out some more monsters this year? That lake can really cycle. I fished it a lot in the past, some years they'd average 4-5'', two years ago they were averaging about 16'', kind of crazy how much it could change from year to year. I only made it out a few times this year, similar sizes to what you mention with one really big rainbow thrown in. Also got a tiny bull trout so that's always a nice surprise. Fun little stocked fishery.

My favorite method in there is cast rubber legged hopper patterns towards shore and aggressively pull it back on the surface. Some of the most aggressive hits a guy will ever get. Theres more big fish in Police and Payne but Beaver Mines has always been one of my favorites.

Kingfisher
07-23-2008, 03:04 AM
If your out that way try Beauvais. You'll be pleasantly suprised. Loads of fish. Even the odd brown trout.

Rob

CrowsnestGuy
07-23-2008, 08:35 PM
If your out that way try Beauvais. You'll be pleasantly suprised. Loads of fish. Even the odd brown trout.

Rob

I have caught some nice brown out of Beauvais in the past. About 3 weeks ago we where there when a girl caught a 4 pound brown.

JRS: The average i see this year is about 12" to 13" inches. But that day i caught the 17" i was not the only one, and some of the big ones where right in the bay by the boat dock.

Richard