PDA

View Full Version : Smallmouth bass, my new fav. fish

Faststeel
07-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Just got back from 3 weeks at the cabin at Rocky lake manitoba. got the boat all fixed up an older Sylvan 21 ft with a 175 merc(1995 vintage) and got to do quite a bit of fishing. Never even seen a sm bass except on Tv. Wow what a great gamefish, fantastic fight, lots of aerobatics and very easy to fish for.
Can't eat them at our lake as its catch and release only, but I can' wait to get back there in Aug for some more sm mouth action. FS

Mantracker
07-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Did you know that there are alot of lakes in the Kooteneys that ya can catch alot of bass Baynes Lake,Suzzanne Lake ,Duck Lake I allways go fish them a couple times a year

TC7
07-22-2008, 08:10 PM
I hope you try to catch them on a fly rod with a weighted woolly bugger. they are really hard fighters and on a 5 or 6 weight rod it really amps up the fight and geta them dancing on the surface.

pecker
07-22-2008, 08:29 PM
I hope you try to catch them on a fly rod with a weighted woolly bugger. they are really hard fighters and on a 5 or 6 weight rod it really amps up the fight and geta them dancing on the surface.

pound for pound , Canada's most fightingist fish.:D

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
pound for pound , Canada's most fightingist fish.:D

Ok ill give you Pound for pound but the tuffest fighting fish that never gives up the CHANNEL CATFISH , Man Ive never fought a fish for longer then a few mintes ,other then sal****er fishing . I faught the one cat the biggest 39 incher for close to 20 minutes after I had to litterly haul it off the bottom And they dont give up man . I love pike fishing for the fight and dance but catfish man thats my new number 1 favorite.

Reeves1
07-23-2008, 05:34 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/DerrickJB/BassBox.jpg

Reeves1
07-23-2008, 06:38 AM
I used to have a list of about 40 (forty) lakes in B.C. holding Bass.......and I've not been able to find the list since moving here 4+ years ago :mad3:

artrye
07-27-2008, 12:28 PM
I fish Baynes Lake at least twice a year... Its a great place to take my daughter out to catch a few Bass. Actually make that TONS of Bass. No motorized boats are allowed on this lake. I usually take my tube out with my fly rod and a weighted leech pattern out and almost each cast bring one in...

High_N_Wide
07-27-2008, 12:33 PM
There is a lake just outside of Warner B.C. that as a kid I would spend all summer fishing bass there. It was great however been 25 years not sure what is going on there now?

Faststeel
07-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Was talking to the boys back at the lake in Manitoba and they hiked in to a smaller body of water and one of the guys landed a 23 inch master angler smally, close to 5 lbs they figured. That would have been a great fight to witness. FS