PDA

View Full Version : night fishing

night fishing
04-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Anyone do any night time fishing?

I think my fishing disease that has been in remission for many years has flared up again.:rollin
First the perch fishing post now this.

i used to fish at night , mostly rivers and mostly for walleye in Ontario. I don't hear of many people doing here.

packhuntr
04-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Acouple of the southern reservoirs that would be great night fishing for eyes, and some giant northerns, are closed during hours of dark. CRV, and Mcgregor. Too bad, cause they both would be fairly easy lakes to get acquainted with for night fishing. pack.

edit; oops, mabey i will just type it since i screwed it up, Crawling Valley.

night fishing
04-15-2007, 01:53 PM
I've never seen lakes closed after dark for fishing. Is it just the access that is closed.
I guess I better re read the regs.

I would think the NSR would be good for night fishing.

re
04-15-2007, 04:52 PM
No the lakes are closed for night fishing. It would be too easy to poach walleye under the cover of darkness. Travers, people fish at night by the spill way for walleye. Tuff to get a spot and if ya do secure a spot there are plenty of ignorant groups of "minorities" that will be sure to ruin it for you!

Duffy4
04-15-2007, 09:32 PM
I hear rumors of the odd guy staking out a good hole on a brown trout stream in west central Alberta and waiting till night fall to throw out a big mothy kind of fly and hooking into a monster of the deep.

I remember being camped beside a small brook trout stream west of edson. There was a beaver dam upstream of a road culvert. I went down to get a bucket of water to boil up a pot of tea after supper after sunset. I could see the odd rise so I got my fly rod and started fishing. In awile I could not see much but knew where I could put the fly into an open spot and a couple feet of water. I hooked fish after fish. and kept a limit of 10 (this was a good many years ago).

Next morning I was washing them off to cook some up for breakfast. A bunch of guys came by on their motor bikes heading off to go fishing. I held up some of the fat brookies as the last few guys went by. The last fellow stopped and asked where I had caught them. I pointed to the dam right beside the road and said last night when I could hear you guys partying in the campground, I was catching these trout right here.

He rigged up and fished there for awhile without a hit.

Robin in Rocky

kanonfodder
04-16-2007, 01:41 AM
Me and Blood do it all the time for 'eyes, off the dock.....great fun

RyanGSP
04-16-2007, 01:53 AM
We fish the forks at night all the time.

Duffy4
04-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Some many years ago when I lived in Edmonton we had a party spot down by the river out of town. We'd build a fire and drink beer and such. I started bringing along a fishin' pole and I'd bait up a "pickeral rig" with worms and pitch it out and put the rod in the willows. Once in awhile I'd go for a leak and check the fishing rod. When I got back to the fire they would ask me if I caught anything. There was pretty well always something on two of them hooked up. There are so many different fish in the North Sask. Well after awhile I couldn't leave the fire to go have a pee without a whole heard of people following me down to the river. They all wanted to see the fish. They even would jokingly say "Oh! its time to go see what WE have caught in the river"

Robin