PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley today

calgarygringo
07-22-2008, 06:54 PM
We went to CV for our first time this summer. Got there around 10:30 and fished until about 4. Caught 4 Walleyes biggest about 5 lbs, the others a bit smaller but still nice sizes. Caught 2 Pike as well and took 1 for the frying pan. Wind howled most of the day so we fished in and around the east islands. Was a bit slow for our liking but talked to another guy while we loaded the boat and he seem to indicate the same today. The weeds are starting to make their way into the deeper water now so getting tougher to troll the mid to shallows.

Justanotherbuck2
07-22-2008, 11:02 PM
I was at crawling vally with my brother a week ago slipped out after work, in 3 hours we caught eleven fish mostly walleye nothing real big maybe 3lbs but we have caught some brutes there. we did get two pike over 30"trolling infront of the south weir close to the valve always seems to produce. Let them all swim to get bigger, we try to get there once a week through the summer . I'm going to start fishing eagle swamp.errr I mean lake this summer sice I can spit at it from the house. I used to have some good fishing days there but its been about 10 years.

PlayDoh
07-22-2008, 11:31 PM
I want to hit Eagle Slew, er, um, Lake also. lol. I was told years ago that there were no fish in it, and just learned this year there some Walters in there. To think all this time I've been 10 mins away.

I've got a light boat, and 1/4 ton 4x4 so I can launch my boat in mud, so I don't mind that the launch isn't pretty.

If your looking for a partner someday on Eagle puddle, er, or Lake, let me know. Its been a couple weeks since I found out about it, and for some reason I still haven't made it out there. Oh ya, I've been almost drowning down at the Bow, trying to get at some Bigguns. Wading waist deep at run-off is 'asking for it' I suppose.

I can't believe it was windy at CV, how Odd! I'm heading there next week, but I'll try to leave a few in there for you guys afterwards. 8-) I was there last fall and early June, and both times the Eyes wouldn't come out and play, so they owe me.

matathonman
07-24-2008, 03:02 AM
Here's a couple of pics of the fish we caught out on Crawling on Satl and Mon. Sat we hamnmered around 60-70 fish and on Sunday it was slow fishing as I only landed around 20 fish, but the biggest one came then.It was 28 1\4" and fat>I bet ya this thing took 10 yrs to get this big. It's a shame some would eat this sucker up.I prfer to let everything go to catch again, thats fishing! Also here's a pike that I caught on a 6wt fly rod and I'll tell ya what a fight That fish shooled me bad! Managed to finally land it, take a picture and let it go. The fish swam away like it haden't even been caught.Dad wasn't so happy as he loves eating pike and when he found out I've been out fishing and letting everything go when he loves eating fish, especially pike,he had a fit!Since then I've managed to keep him a couple of smaller ones for the fryer, He'll be happy!He's a central B.C. boy, don't get any pike close to home, and it's the other way around for me, I'd love to be back there for all the rainbow fishing on the fly as I miss it terribly! Anyway I won't hold ya guys and gals up any longer as I skip right to the pics first and then read up later,especially when a guy rammmmmmmmmbles . JUST HAPPY TO BE ABLE TO ENJOY FISHING AND HUNTING.WISH MORE KIDS WOULD TAKE AN ENTEREST IN IT! WE AIN'T GOING TO LIVE FOREVER! NEED SOMEONE TO TAKE OUR PLACE!:)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s200/davidbrtsch/fishingpics002.jpg
g[/IMG]As soon as I figure out how to change all my other pictures to another saved name You'll be able to see them coming soon, hopefully! beautifull sunset picture, and especially good for all you bird hunters that are getting itchy fingers !

matathonman
07-24-2008, 03:35 AM
here's another attempt at making pictures happen
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s200/davidbrtsch/fishingpics002.jpg

ULTRAlite
07-25-2008, 05:25 PM
great wally - thanks for the pic

PlayDoh
07-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Wowzers, nice Eye. What did he weight? I think you can find some comfort in the success of C&R with Walters that size around. Most of the people I see out there in boats are true-blue anglers, and I have little concern for the pressure and poaching impact on the fish there.

Credit to the great attitudes like yourself, matathonman, I think most of the lakes and reservoirs in AB are recovering from an era of over-harvesting. As for the kids, I'm afraid that can be a tough sell now a days. Its hard to keep todays kids excited and interested in fishing, when their overstimulated 340 days a year with Xbox, TV, PC's, Internet, ect, ect. Yet thankfully some of them are born with a rod in hand, and a good portion of the rest will find the sport once their old enough themselves.

anyways, nice catch matathonman. I'd suggest you enter that bad-boy in to the Alberta Angler of the year contest. The entry form is in the Regulations booklet.

BTW, you might want to look at getting an 8 weight fly rod, since some of the toothy bastards there can break a 6 wt. I got my first Pike on a fly rod at CV, but I hear Newell is the place to fly for Pike.

Tight Lines.