PDA

View Full Version : Prince Rupert this summer

Cornsy
07-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Has anyone fished out of Prince Rupert yet this year. I am going on a four day charter Aug.12 with Cheasapeake charters. Has anyone ever used them?? Are they good. Web site looks awesome (www.salmoncharters.ca)!! Anyways it will be my first extended fishing trip in the ocean. Any hints and/or replys would be great!!

Mark
07-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Hi
Was out in Prince Rupert June 30-July 04. Fishing was great. Decent amount of springs, and lot and lots of coho. Coho already we a good size. Largest was just under 12lbs, and lots in the 10 lbs. range. Email me back if you want any more information.

7MM Mike
07-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Cornsy,
I havent been out this year, unfortunately, but my Mother and her husband operate a charter out of PR as well (www.thunder1.ca) the fishing this year has been fantastic. Fishing for springs was good with many fish in the 30# plus. The coho are in now, and fishing has been incredible. size was in the 14lb range as of last week. I'm usre you will have a blast.

Jon_Boy
07-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Hey Cornsy,
Was out there June 20-24th this year, fishing was great and so was the weather. Like the other guys already said, good chinook and lots of coho, limited on Hali as well. I don't know anything about the guys you are going with though... We went with Terry's Charters www.terryscharters.com We used anchovies on Rhys Davis anchovy rigs at about 50-55 feet and were smashing salmon the whole trip. Good luck on your trip!