PDA

View Full Version : why fish

pecker
07-22-2008, 07:43 PM
let's hear it boy's & girls . why do we like fishing ? we like the thrill of out witting them , we like the fresh air, we like eating them , out of the rat race, the scenery, the comradmanship, away from the spouse-- whoops. i take that back. WHY? :wave:

dodger
07-22-2008, 07:49 PM
When the fish are biting and your out with good friends its almost a spiritual experience. You can't help but smile and feel good right to the very core of your soul. All the stress and things that are bugging you just melt away.
Dodger.

pecker
07-22-2008, 07:59 PM
When the fish are biting and your out with good friends its almost a spiritual experience. You can't help but smile and feel good right to the very core of your soul. All the stress and things that are bugging you just melt away.
Dodger.

i feel that way too dodger , material things don't matter and if you catch a fish it's a bonus .;) :wave:

2430M
07-22-2008, 08:28 PM
x3 dodger, well put. I actually use the time to spend with my wife. the best times we have togther are when we are out alone hunting or fishing. :)

TC7
07-22-2008, 08:47 PM
I use it as an oppurtuninty to kill stuff that doesn't live on land !! lol. Actually I don't remember the last time I played catch and eat. Fishing and hunting helps to make every decision in life it is the only time I can clear my head and completely and allow my mind to go in to apiphany mode.

Bogman10
07-22-2008, 09:09 PM
1st the "search for the water breathers" , is important to me , then once that first fish gets caught, the preasure is off, and the relaxing begins! If the impossible happens and I get skunked ( never !.. lol ) , I still count the time on the water as a great day away the stresses of the City!
:)

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-22-2008, 10:11 PM
This is a good Thread . Why fishing , well Its a game between you and a million green beautiful slimey creatures . And when there willing to put it all out on the line and bite that hook and there fighting for dear life to get off that hook and jumping and fighting its a great feeling . The other reason its some ive always loved to do , something I live for , and always wanting to teach the younger generation and others about the sport we all love , not to mention the great outdoors , and wildlife. As long as your smart nature will keep you safe , but the second your and idiot and disrespect her thats when she fights back and you get knocked out . But fishing Is a great sport everyone should try it at least once in there life .

Kingfisher
07-23-2008, 02:52 AM
I'm totally with BigBadJohn on this one for sure. Its some ive always loved to do , something I live for. Fishing isn't something that I do because I want to. It's something that I do because I have to. It's in my blood. I've fished all my life and am not about to stop now. I love getting out in the out doors and catching fish to me is secondary. If I can take someone out who hasn't fished before and get them into fish I'm a happy camper.

My wife and I look after a special needs guy. He's 27 going on 10. To see him catch fish is an absolute thrill for both him and me.

Rob

07-23-2008, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=Kingfisher;
My wife and I look after a special needs guy. He's 27 going on 10. To see him catch fish is an absolute thrill for both him and me.

Rob[/QUOTE]

That would be a pretty amazing site. I wish there were groups here in alberta that could take these people with special needs or take a soldger fishing In the states or out east they seem rto have all these programs its a sham that we dont have it here..

Scott N
07-23-2008, 01:17 PM
While I do enjoy fishing with family and friends, I also really enjoy the peacefulness and solitude when I go fishing alone. Fishing alone is really relaxing and allows me to focus my thoughts.

2430M
07-23-2008, 03:33 PM
While I do enjoy fishing with family and friends, I also really enjoy the peacefulness and solitude when I go fishing alone. Fishing alone is really relaxing and allows me to focus my thoughts.

agreed. When I go out with the wife I like to wade into the river and fish and she goes from shore. There are never people around us so I can just sit there and fish, enjoy the water, sights and sounds of nature :)

Chironomid
07-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Fun, Outdoors, Fun, See Wildlife, Catch Fish, Fun, Spend time with friends and family, Fun.

Did I mention that fishing is fun?

Tundra Monkey
07-23-2008, 09:09 PM
I need something to do from July 1st till July 15th until I get new tags :evilgrin:

tm

Jester
07-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Fishin' ain't so bad..:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=003v8w_yrto

Kingfisher
07-24-2008, 02:42 AM
That would be a pretty amazing site. I wish there were groups here in alberta that could take these people with special needs or take a soldger fishing In the states or out east they seem rto have all these programs its a sham that we dont have it here..

Give me a shout some time BBJ and Billy and I will head out to get some walleye with ya. Billy is a great guy. He does love fishing. But needs some constant action to keep his interest up.

Billy's kind of like you and I. He's in shape. But like you and I his shape is round. I bought him a shirt last year when my wife and I were in Montana. It says if fishing is a sport then your looking at a finely tuned athelete.

Cheers,
Rob

matathonman
07-24-2008, 04:27 AM
BECAUSE IT'S NOT HUNTING SEASON!i

07-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Give me a shout some time BBJ and Billy and I will head out to get some walleye with ya. Billy is a great guy. He does love fishing. But needs some constant action to keep his interest up.

Billy's kind of like you and I. He's in shape. But like you and I his shape is round. I bought him a shirt last year when my wife and I were in Montana. It says if fishing is a sport then your looking at a finely tuned athelete.

Cheers,
Rob

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: thats funny. Ill pm you as i push send message

Nerdapres'
07-25-2008, 06:33 AM
It's gotta be the comradmanship. Haha

Or the camaraderie.

Tako
07-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Because they pay me to :cool:

07-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Because they pay me to :cool:

Must be nice , I mean I make money fishing, ''while product testing ''....

Tako
07-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Must be nice , I mean I make money fishing, ''while product testing ''....

Live the dream man. It's a tradeoff between waking up at 6am rich and ****ed off, or waking up at 6am poor and pumped for work.

Hey Rob when you comin fishin?

Kingfisher
07-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Live the dream man. It's a tradeoff between waking up at 6am rich and ****ed off, or waking up at 6am poor and pumped for work.

Hey Rob when you comin fishin?

Hey buddy, I'm always fishing. Heading to Grand Forks in about 9 hours to drift the Kettle. Then coming home and heading to Roche Lake for the long weekend.

We'll have to get together sometime. Where the heck did you end up? Your not an easy guy to track down. I'll only drive for 16 hours straight to go fishing. After that a guy needs a break.

Cheers,
Rob

Tako
07-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Hey buddy, I'm always fishing. Heading to Grand Forks in about 9 hours to drift the Kettle. Then coming home and heading to Roche Lake for the long weekend.

We'll have to get together sometime. Where the heck did you end up? Your not an easy guy to track down. I'll only drive for 16 hours straight to go fishing. After that a guy needs a break.

Cheers,
Rob

Put on over 10,000km in a month man. I been everywhere! lol. I'll be in the south-ish from the first to the 7th of aug. caroline, then hinton, then pincher creek. have fun on the kettle! i'd love to do that float with you guys some day