PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon for a noob

kayaker
05-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Hi all,

I drew my second choice for walleye - class A at Pigeon.

I have never fished there as was wondering where a good put in was for a canoe/kayak angler? I might also bank fish.

How is the Prov Park side?

Thanks!

Lefty-Canuck
05-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi all,

I have never fished there as was wondering where a good put in was for a canoe/kayak angler? I might also bank fish.

Thanks!

Easy to put in at Prov Park and you won't have to go far to catch fish....if you put in at Zeiner it is right in the closed area, so you would have to paddle beyond the buoys to fish....

LC

chriscosta
05-01-2013, 10:13 AM
youll catch thousands by the pp and the boat launch is huge just paddle out to the barage of boats and drop a line in

Graffy91
05-01-2013, 12:41 PM
The wind can pick up in a hurry in that valley/area, be safe!

Mikezilk
05-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Hi all,

Thanks!

I have put in my sit on top at the provincial park before. Good fishing and no waiting for the launch. It is super easy to catch them there, they are everywhere. Watch for other boaters and paddle close by. Be ready to show them you don't need a $25,000 boat to catch fish.

Northern Yaker
05-01-2013, 05:36 PM
"Be ready to show them you don't need a $25,000 boat to catch fish."

X2. Good Call

kayaker
05-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I look forward to trying to out.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Prov park is an ok spot , but theres far better producing spots . But If your confined to a Kayak and don't want to paddle 20 miles Prov park is your ticket .