PDA

View Full Version : Muir lake today.

Northern Yaker
05-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Not looking good out there folks. No nibbles or rises. Given I'm not much of a trout guy,but nobody was seeing any action of sorts during the hours I was on the water today. But If a "trophy" lake with aerators didn't survive what's the state of the rest of our small lakes after this winter??:sign0176:

pipco
05-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Hmmm...that is strange.........What were you trying?

falco
05-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Should I assume all the ice is off?

Sundancefisher
05-01-2013, 08:05 PM
maybe the lake turned over and the fish are extra lethargic.

05-01-2013, 08:15 PM
I was out there today for a bit not long at all fished from shore , no bites ,I will go back when i can get a boat on I hate shore fishing , people I spoke to said they were not having luck

Northern Yaker
05-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Like I stated,not much of a trout fisher. Tried a few spinners different sizes patterns, dragged a couple dry flies around. Most of lake still had ice on it as well so they could have just been hiding out. Older gent there was telling me of all the winterkill in the area but who knows for sure yet. Wish I had have packed the fish finder...

Bhflyfisher
05-01-2013, 09:07 PM
What was the ice like? Is it open?

pipco
05-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Sounds like a possible winterkill.

Bhflyfisher
05-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Sounds like a possible winterkill.

I had heard that when they pulled the aerators and checked O2, O2 levels were good. Shouldn't be an issue in my mind. But a slight kill would be good for the lake.

waterninja
05-02-2013, 03:45 AM
surprized that the ice is off but iv'e never fished muir simply because i'm a hook and worm guy on trout lakes and muir is bait banned. can tell you that at least 4 lakes near edm. were "skunky' when i iced fished them the last month and probably winterkilled. oh well they'll be stocked again soon.

hoped you picked up your litter yaker before you left. lol

Northern Yaker
05-02-2013, 06:12 AM
Haha ninja. :)

FisherPotch
05-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Fished Muir yesterday. No one I spoke to caught anything or had any bites. Including a popular local fishing columnest whom was out on his pontoon. There was next to no open water when I started. Used pontoon as an ice breaker and by noon there was three times as much open water. I was first and last one there i know for fact nobody else caught a fish.

I heard o2 levels are good. South aerator was down due to fishing line, was fixed. But it went down again 6 weeks ago so they left it down. North aerator was pulled at least a week or so back.

Northern Yaker
05-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Thought I recognized the guy with the dog. Writes articles in the regs and what not?? Don't suppose you talked to the guys that went over to south end as I was leaving? That looked pretty damn chilly with your feet in the water.

fishman
05-02-2013, 03:55 PM
My expiernce fishing lakes with low 02 levels.......not meaning fish are dead but the 02 level being low the fish become latharchick how ever u spell it....in a couple weeks the fish will be just fine and will stop pouting............i use to fish miller lake when they never aerated it and every year at ice out the fishing sucked ....talking about when the fish didn't winter kill........so needless to say doesn't mean it winter killed