PDA

View Full Version : Split rings

fishnfoo
05-02-2013, 12:30 PM
I am upgrading the hooks and split rings on some of my rapalas I use for pike. I am looking for stronger split rings but I do not want very heavy ones because they will make my suspending Husky Jerks into countdowns. It is really difficult to find anything in town and on-line most sites will describe a split ring as a #4 or #5 (does't really tell you the size). I am looking for a strong split ring that is about 6 mm in diameter (outside diameter).

I am open to suggestions.

I tried Wholesale Sports and they are out of the mustads of that size and have been for over a month:mad3:

Cabelas and TFH have cheap split rings. Not what I am looking for.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-02-2013, 12:35 PM
I am upgrading the hooks and split rings on some of my rapalas I use for pike. I am looking for stronger split rings but I do not want very heavy ones because they will make my suspending Husky Jerks into countdowns. It is really difficult to find anything in town and on-line most sites will describe a split ring as a #4 or #5 (does't really tell you the size). I am looking for a strong split ring that is about 6 mm in diameter (outside diameter).

I am open to suggestions.

I tried Wholesale Sports and they are out of the mustads of that size and have been for over a month:mad3:

Cabelas and TFH have cheap split rings. Not what I am looking for.

Pm me .

EZM
05-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Pm me .

Split rings are a secret now I guess ......

http://www.wolverinetackleinc.com/rings.htm

bullet proof ............ cool looking too ......... sizes are imperial btw.

05-02-2013, 06:54 PM

Actually no I offered to give him some so mind your own bloody business .

Esox
05-02-2013, 07:01 PM

Wow, that's one way to talk to people when you're a sponsor and represent the company well.

05-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Wow, that's one way to talk to people when you're a sponsor and represent the company well.

I guess so yes , I'm clearly sick of being questioned every damn post I make . are you a cop ? It's clearly none of you business . But thank you for telling me how to represent myself .

huntin'fool
05-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Poor 'ol John. This late winter is getting the best of everyone. Soon my friend, soon...we'll all be back on the water, catchin' some rays and wiping fish slime of our hands. Life will once again be normal!

05-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Poor 'ol John. This late winter is getting the best of everyone. Soon my friend, soon...we'll all be back on the water, catchin' some rays and wiping fish slime of our hands. Life will once again be normal!

Thank god :lol: I'm going nuts today . Beautiful weather boat ready to go , can't find a place to get the SS minnow in to get oil change I've called around to get it in , might have to go to Calgary .

huntsfurfish
05-02-2013, 07:24 PM

Thanks for posting, interesting split rings:):scared0018:

huntsfurfish
05-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Easy BBJ.:)

You coulda just pm the op yourself:lol:;)

Esox
05-02-2013, 07:29 PM
I guess so yes , I'm clearly sick of being questioned every damn post I make . are you a cop ? It's clearly none of you business . But thank you for telling me how to represent myself .

Maybe I am a police officer. I'm just merely stating that if I was a potential customer and somehow came cross this thread through, oh maybe a GOOGLE search of BBj tackle and fishing adventures, I'd be turned off and wouldn't book a trip with someone who represents themself on a PUBLIC forum that way.

05-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Easy BBJ.:)

You coulda just pm the op yourself:lol:;)

Don't worry things are undercontrol ;-)

05-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Maybe I am a police officer. I'm just merely stating that if I was a potential customer and somehow came cross this thread through, oh maybe a GOOGLE search of BBj tackle and fishing adventures, I'd be turned off and wouldn't book a trip with someone who represents themself on a PUBLIC forum that way.

I guess that's there choice , nice career you got . It just gets extremely old when you go to make a post and someone has the need to question . Like who cares that I told the guy to pm me . Which I actually sent him a message and there . I owe nothing to no one , just try to help a guy out then get questioned like I'm a criminal .

bwackwabbit
05-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Damned if u do and Damned if u don't eh BBJ?

I've seen more than enough on the positive side to motivate me to be a customer if I were in the market for a trip.

For cryin' out loud the guy offered up free trips for elected members to help move the board in a positive direction (lest we forget)!

KCCO Folks...

fishnfoo
05-02-2013, 08:42 PM
I guess my frustrated tone started this thread on the wrong foot. You would think that finding a decent assortment of split rings would not be a problem in Edmonton (and you would be wrong). It is sad that you have to go on-line to buy decent hooks or other terminal tackle. Is this not a niche market for one of our many fishing retailers? Why do all the retailers stock tons of Eagle Claw and Red Wolf garbage. Ok I'm done...... Man do I ever want a Bass Pro to open in Edmonton!

BBJ has very kindly offered to supply me with some #4 split rings.

Thanks BBJ

I am still looking for some extra strong #3s for smaller lures. I just ordered some from Owner. I will let you know how they work out.

I contacted Wolverine and they don't sell to the public. Their preferred supplier doesn't stock #3s. Way to make it easy to get your product!

Tight Lines

new LT
05-02-2013, 08:44 PM

So you are John from "BIG JOHNS TACKLE " I have use some of your gear it was great,I see it for sale all over. Good stuff congratulation, good luck on the business

Esox
05-02-2013, 08:58 PM
So you are John from "BIG JOHNS TACKLE " I have use some of your gear it was great,I see it for sale all over. Good stuff congratulation, good luck on the business

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's the John from big johns, I believe this is his website and store http://bbjtackleandfishingadventures.webs.com/

05-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's the John from big johns, I believe this is his website and store http://bbjtackleandfishingadventures.webs.com/

I can be found on Facebook also https://www.facebook.com/bbj.tackleandfishingadventures?ref=tn_tnmn
ESOX you seem to know about me :thinking-006::thinking-006:.

05-02-2013, 09:14 PM

Negative . That is not me .

Esox
05-02-2013, 09:20 PM
I can be found on Facebook also https://www.facebook.com/bbj.tackleandfishingadventures?ref=tn_tnmn
ESOX you seem to know about me :thinking-006::thinking-006:.

I just always poke my nose around trying to find good quality local tackle. Always on the hunt for the next big walleye, laker or pike lure and always experimenting.

05-02-2013, 09:30 PM
I just always poke my nose around trying to find good quality local tackle. Always on the hunt for the next big walleye, laker or pike lure and always experimenting.

Right on nothing wrong with that .

new LT
05-02-2013, 09:41 PM

Negative . That is not me .

OHH my bad sorry:(

Gilligan
05-03-2013, 12:53 PM
so after all that.... I wanted to share a tip that works well...

I use a small staple remover on my split rings to spread them.
I put rings on anything that doesnt have them so its a bugger if
you dont have a method.

Not sure where I read this tip for the first time but its not mine
originally.... just sharing.

** see you on the water **

EZM
05-03-2013, 12:57 PM

Easy there ...... this is a public forum and I like to answer and offer my assistance so that others can benefit from each other.

One guys finds something that works well - share the info. The OP posted a question and I offered assistance.

I also took liberty to be humorous, had I known you were the overly unstable, insecure and the extremely sensitive type I would not have dared make a light hearted joke. (That's another joke BTW).

I sincerely apologize.

Peace brother ....... no harm intended ....... I guess I'm off your Christmas Card list now .......

05-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Easy there ...... this is a public forum and I like to answer and offer my assistance so that others can benefit from each other.

One guys finds something that works well - share the info. The OP posted a question and I offered assistance.

I also took liberty to be humorous, had I known you were the overly unstable, insecure and the extremely sensitive type I would not have dared make a light hearted joke. (That's another joke BTW).

I sincerely apologize.

Peace brother ....... no harm intended ....... I guess I'm off your Christmas Card list now .......

YOur right I got wound up all tight , Im simply just sick of being questioned every post I make . I do no harm I want to help a guy out , its kinda hard to read sarcasim , and yes its my fault for getting all defensive . Im far from unstable or insecure your still on my Christmas card list LOL .