PDA

View Full Version : Spray Lakes Ice?

BootScoot
05-02-2013, 01:08 PM
With all this super warm weather coming up, about how long should it be expected to be before spray is ice free?

Jun
05-03-2013, 08:56 AM
I also want to know...

mmxk
05-06-2013, 05:02 PM
With rocky mountain weather, my guess is July 17th 2:41pm

I don't know but would like to see a pic.

Heavy K
05-07-2013, 07:45 AM
The NW end of the reservoir is ice free, but also completely empty of water. Only the old river channel remains submerged. Around the Driftwood area the ice starts and the lake is covered, though there are a couple feet of open water along the entire shoreline. Ice fishing at Spray from the east shore is done for the year for all but the completely insane. You won't be launching a boat anytime soon either.

HK

BeeGuy
05-07-2013, 01:30 PM
So how was the ice fishin?

Heavy K
05-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Ha ha :)

Never happened. Had it all packed and ready to go, but was so shattered after the weekend's earlier activities that I couldn't convince myself to. I probably would've worn my waterwings - mostly for safety.

Was checking out some climbing objectives in the area though, and thought people on this thread would appreciate the ice update. Didn't make it to the spot we discussed last week as the car was full of a lot of expensive gear and I didn't feel comfortable leaving it out of my sight. Plenty of other ice up high though. Rope, auger, and PFD, maybe a dry suit? Let's go.

HK