PDA

View Full Version : Snow goose recipe

csheep
05-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Anyone know if snow goose sausage or pepperoni is any good and if so any recipes? Shot a bunch this past week and looking for something to do with them.

unclebuck
05-02-2013, 02:40 PM
My mother would put them into an inner tube, bake them in the oven, throw out the goose and we would gnaw on the tube. If you like the flavour of liver, eat to your heart's content. If not, con someone into taking them. I would personally sooner eat manure on a stick roasted over green pine or spruce than snow goose!!!:fighting0030:

pointer
05-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Grind it up mix it 60 goose /40 pork and get a high mountain sausage kit and mix it to what they say I like to put cheese chunks in my jalapeino mix the boys at work were like ravens never seen 20lbs of sausage ge eaten so fast

nekred
05-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Anyone know if snow goose sausage or pepperoni is any good and if so any recipes? Shot a bunch this past week and looking for something to do with them.

Kind of like figuring out what to do with the horse after buying it....

snowman160
05-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Adult snow geese are tough for sure but,soak em in baking soda an water or buttermilk for a few days.it will help.best is to jerky or sausage em.now a Juvenile snow goose is one of the best eating birds out there as far as I'm concerned.our cook made a waterfowl dish at camp everynight an a there was rarely any left...funny I never here anyone bashing a big ol honker!!!.NOW that is the toughest,worst tasting goose out there..

bobalong
05-02-2013, 07:54 PM

Teriyaki stir fry, very tasty

Red Bullets
05-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Ducks Unlimited website has some recipes.

http://www.ducks.org/hunting/recipes/spicy-goose-jerky

this site has sausage recipes

http://honest-food.net/2007/12/21/smoked-canada-goose-sausage/

trapshooter
05-02-2013, 10:02 PM
99% of the snow geese we get are made into jerky! Tastes amazing and easy to do!

csheep
05-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the advise I think I will try the sausage.