PDA

View Full Version : A noob and his boat

Swath
05-02-2013, 04:55 PM
As always I appreciate all of the opinions and help that I get from you guys on AO. I am getting really pumped about getting in the water this year and outfitting my boat the way I think I'll like it.

What I would like to know is what lake (within 45-60 minutes of Edmonton) would be a good trial run for me. I am thinking about an easy, not too busy launch, no underwater hazards, etc. While I am good with a trailer, I have never launched a boat before and I have never run up my boat yet. Just looking for an easy, calm lake that I can give the boat and myself a shakedown. I'm thinking Wizard during the week should be ok. Any thoughts?

chriscosta
05-02-2013, 05:37 PM
wizard will be all good during the week not on weekends tho dont forget to pay for parking they are nazis lol and dont try wab lol that line up gets crazy and if your not in and out at the launch its embarrasing lol trust me ya got an audience lol

prodogg02
05-02-2013, 05:49 PM
took mine to devils lake last spring there was deff no line up like at wab lol. an never be emberasd cause you never unloaded a boat before.i remember a guy givn me the gears few years back was my first time tryn to unload behind a motor home lol then when it was his turn he went in to far an got stuck jaming up the whole line lol. he askd if i could pull him out lol said motorhome not a good tow vehical. no one helpd the ass he ended calln a tow truck:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Swath
05-03-2013, 09:45 AM
took mine to devils lake last spring there was deff no line up like at wab lol. an never be emberasd cause you never unloaded a boat before.i remember a guy givn me the gears few years back was my first time tryn to unload behind a motor home lol then when it was his turn he went in to far an got stuck jaming up the whole line lol. he askd if i could pull him out lol said motorhome not a good tow vehical. no one helpd the ass he ended calln a tow truck:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Where is Devil's Lake?

ptemomo
05-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Halfoon Lake could be good too. Should be pretty quiet right now.

Jamie Black R/T
05-03-2013, 10:49 AM
all lakes are pretty quiet and usually calm at 7 am

Swath
05-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Halfoon Lake could be good too. Should be pretty quiet right now.

Yeah, Halfmoon. I forgot about that little slough. It's only 10 minutes from my house.

Isn't it quite shallow though?

javlin101
05-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Yeah, Halfmoon. I forgot about that little slough. It's only 10 minutes from my house.

Isn't it quite shallow though?

I thought Half Moon had no public access. Heck a couple years ago I drove through the camp site to see what is was like and was run down and stop in minutes by staff and asked to leave.

prodogg02
05-03-2013, 11:32 PM
devils lake is just off hiway37 east of onaway