PDA

View Full Version : Any Travers Reports?

Gordoats26
07-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Has anyone been having any luck at Travers? might be heading there in the next couple weeks.

Grizzled
07-23-2008, 08:56 PM
The wife and i were there on the weekend for about 5 hrs..caught and released over 60 walleye's...small..no keepers..lots of action

Gordoats26
07-24-2008, 07:35 AM
right on. were you guys fishing from shore or from out on a boat?

Dead Moose
07-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Fish from a boat . At the spillway almost non stop action. Catching all sorts of sizes from "cigar butts" right up to 5 lbers.

golfbomber
08-04-2008, 09:53 PM
where is exactly the spillway at travers? thinking about going there for the first time from lethbridge. As well how long is the drive from the bridge?

thx

floppychicken
08-05-2008, 01:18 AM
where is exactly the spillway at travers? thinking about going there for the first time from lethbridge. As well how long is the drive from the bridge?

thx

The Spillway is at the top, or.. North end of the reservoir... On this page, http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/fieldoffices/prairies/fisheriesmanagement/bathymetrymapscolour.aspx check out the "Travers Bathymetry map" and you'll see it. You'll be able to clearly see the 'Canal' that runs from McGregor Lake to the North East part of Travers. Zoom in to 100% and you'll clearly see the spillway. If I'm not mistaken the closest boat launch is Bow Valley community Launch (or something like that..) and I believe it's semi private although I have parked there once by mistake. The far east boat launch is probably your best bet as the one on the West side is FREAKIN' CRAZY busy and the distance is about the same.

Dunno what you mean about the bridge, but if you're fishing from shore, I think there's plenty of room to the South of the spillway and people seem to catch a lot of fish there.... Lot's of parking around the spillway area also.

Cheers,

/FC....