PDA

View Full Version : Crown Land and shooting clays

Dhewko
05-04-2013, 10:20 AM
I bought a new 870 tactical 12 gauge and have been itching to go shooting clays. To be honest ive never really shot much before other than .22 and pellet guns and such so i'm not sure where a person could go to do some shooting without going to a friends piece of land. I live in Fort Saskatchewan Alberta.

Jamie
05-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Where do you live?

Pincherguy
05-04-2013, 11:02 AM
If you go on crown land to shoot please clean up after. I have found lots of places where guys do this and never clean it up. Looks like hell, I don't know how long it takes for these to break down but I imagine it is a while.

Joe Fehr
05-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Anywhere safe to shoot. Clays are non toxic and breakdown quickly when wet. Some might not like the looks but they are harmless to the environment.

Alberta Bigbore
05-04-2013, 03:55 PM
I bought a new 870 tactical 12 gauge and have been itching to go shooting clays. To be honest ive never really shot much before other than .22 and pellet guns and such so i'm not sure where a person could go to do some shooting without going to a friends piece of land. I live in Fort Saskatchewan Alberta.

Fort Sask is where i was raised.. im going to be busting clays tomorrow not far from there in the morning.

NSDucknut
05-04-2013, 04:05 PM
My brother in law and I have been breaking clays on crown land this year. We pack 2 large heavy duty garbage bags and spend about 20 minutes cleaning up, except for the teeny pieces.

Too bad the other jack-a-napes who found the same clearing to use left two shot up 12 packs and about 50 shell hulls for us to pack out as well. Do your part and no one will care

Cant help ya with locations as we shoot near Calgary, but when you do find a place please act responsibly!

Kaz Dog
05-04-2013, 07:14 PM
If you have a shotgun range close by like we do in Calgary, go there and learn some basics, given you're a newbie. At the AHEIA range by Dewinton outside of Calgary, you can even get some free coaching if you tell them you are new to the sport and would appreciate some pointers. The cost is very reasonable, I think $10 for 25 clays, and they have a "starter" thrower to get you going. Better to learn correct off the bat than spend lots of time and money figuring it out.I bought a new 870 tactical 12 gauge and have been itching to go shooting clays. To be honest ive never really shot much before other than .22 and pellet guns and such so i'm not sure where a person could go to do some shooting without going to a friends piece of land. I live in Fort Saskatchewan Alberta.