PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment with Hond dealers

Bobby B.
05-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Yesterday, my BIL and I went over to Scona Cycle to check out the Honda outboards. I was assisted by the owner himself, Rudi. Turns out Rudi knew less about Honda outboards that what I have learned on the internet. In addition, he didn't seem to care whether he knew anything about them or not. His comment? "It's a Honda. What more do you need to know?"

Next, we drove over to Extreme Honda. The knowledge and attitude there was the same as Rudi's at Scona.

This is the very first time either my BIL or I have ever experienced this level of customer service. Neither shop knew anything about the outboards they were selling and neither shop could have cared less. Neither shop carried any brochures or other information.

Has anyone else's experience been similar?

Bobby B.

new LT
05-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Yesterday, my BIL and I went over to Scona Cycle to check out the Honda outboards. I was assisted by the owner himself, Rudi. Turns out Rudi knew less about Honda outboards that what I have learned on the internet. In addition, he didn't seem to care whether he knew anything about them or not. His comment? "It's a Honda. What more do you need to know?"

Next, we drove over to Extreme Honda. The knowledge and attitude there was the same as Rudi's at Scona.

This is the very first time either my BIL or I have ever experienced this level of customer service. Neither shop knew anything about the outboards they were selling and neither shop could have cared less. Neither shop carried any brochures or other information.

Has anyone else's experience been similar?

Bobby B.

If their basically a cycle shop they dont want anything to do with outboards

Mickey
05-05-2013, 11:40 AM
I went to Honda extreme and stood looking at generators for over 5 minutes. All salesmen looked at me and pretended to be busy, I left. On the way out the manager ran out and asked me if I had been helped, I said no. He asked if there was anything that he could do for me and I politely told him that it was too late and I was going to drive across town to buy the generator that I came in to buy over there.

TROLLER
05-05-2013, 11:52 AM
And that is exactly why I never bought a Honda when I decided to replace my kicker.

Cycle shops got no bus. selling anything but cycles but Honda has made it that way so you have to deal with it. Chances of good service on your outboard me thinks are slim and none.

That is why I bought a Yamaha. Can buy em at boat stores where people know a little about what they are selling.

traderal
05-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Had the same type of service at Scona so went to my Kijiji and found a new Honda rototiller for 200 less.

EZM
05-05-2013, 05:31 PM
I suggest going over the Riverside Honda. They carry Honda and Evinrude. Next door is their sister company Riverside Yamaha where they carry Yammy's.

They seem to be a pretty good dealer and have been great to deal with on outboards, lawn mowers and, of course boats and motors.

Bobby B.
05-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I suppose if they don't want to do anything to 'sell' an outboard, I might as well as look for the lowest price.

Is this 'normal' business practice for outboard dealers. Since they don't give a chit, we shouldn't either? OMG!!

Bobby B.

67ZL1
05-05-2013, 07:49 PM
From what I've noticed the last 5 or so years is this is run of the mill service no matter where you are shopping at. Pretty sad nowadays. I can't imagine what it's gonna be like in another 5 years.

Mountain Guy
05-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Now if you were snooping at a 80K ski boat the service would improve a little.
Salemans don't seem to want to bother with someone looking at a trolling motor....guessing the commission might have something to do with it:)

jzz30tt
05-05-2013, 08:20 PM
I would definitely recommend Riverside Honda of any of the local choices.

Zanzibar
05-05-2013, 10:10 PM
I would definitely recommend Riverside Honda of any of the local choices.

X2

Bobby B.
05-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Thanks, guys. I'll check out Riverside Honda. I might as well check out the yammies next door as well.

Bobby B.