PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation around Calgary ?

Brumze
05-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Good day, fellow fishermen!

I am hoping to have a successful opening of the new fishing season this Tuesday but have no idea where to go. I looked through the recent posts but couldn't find any sort of specific info.

What venue would you guys and gals recommend, within a few hours away from Calgary?

Any sort of additional info would be of big help too!

:happy0180: thank you in advance

BeeGuy
05-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Just browse through the old threads. There is tons of info.

River?
Lake?
Spin?
Fly?
What kind of fish?
Boat?
Edge?

Brumze
05-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Hey there!

I looked quite a few pages back and found some info from a few weeks ago.

Pine Coulee got stuck in my mind- offering small to medium trout for beginners. That sounds like an option.

I am looking for a place where pike is a possible catch.

To help narrow it down:

no boat
reservoir/lake
2-3 hours away from Calgary
shore fishing
bait/spinning

catchandeat
05-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Hey there!

I looked quite a few pages back and found some info from a few weeks ago.

Pine Coulee got stuck in my mind- offering small to medium trout for beginners. That sounds like an option.

I am looking for a place where pike is a possible catch.

To help narrow it down:

no boat
reservoir/lake
2-3 hours away from Calgary
shore fishing
bait/spinning

Pine coulee actually has no trout. Just a lot of hungry walleye (and some pike and burbot, not near as plentiful) that will literally hit on almost anything. It can be a lot of fun just standing on the dock catching dozens in a couple hours, but it's all catch and release on the walleye. You could always try river's within city limits if your not looking to eat your catch. There's a ton of water body's within a few hours of Calgary, best advice is to get out your map to see which lakes are in your preferred driving distance, and do a bit of research on them with the search function.
best of luck, hope that helps! :)

Winch101
05-05-2013, 06:29 PM
If you go fishing on Tuesday , bring dough for the fine.....

Cvr.....should be good for pike ....or badger from the south dike.

catchandeat
05-05-2013, 07:03 PM
right, also forgot to mention, definetely check your regs before you go, as I don't know which of what I mentioned is open currently.