PDA

View Full Version : Where to camp for a large group?

ssyd
05-05-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm asking in Fishing because General is too busy to ask this kind of question. Mods, please don't move this there. I really need to get a response.

Due to a clerical error, our family has lost our camping spot where we've held our family reunions for the last 20 years.

We hold it every year in August at a park on the Pembina in the Mayerthorpe area. We like it because it's an open park rather than a campground and because the cookhouse has power. We typically have around 30-40 people staying in campers, trailers, fifth wheels and tents.

Anyone have any suggestions for similar places between Whitecourt and Edmonton that we might be able to book by August?

huntsfurfish
05-05-2013, 11:46 PM
You want to fish the area too. Then the mods wont move it:)

Good fishin up that way;)

wellpastcold
05-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Shaw's point campground has great group facilities. The campground is located at the west end of Slave Lake near Grouard. Awesome cookhouse, tucked into your own little area. Great walleye fishing. You don't need a big boat to fish in the bay right out in front of the campground.Good place for kids to catch lots of fish! You can keep a few fish for a fish fry! Doesn't get any better.

cube
05-06-2013, 08:45 AM
Wabamun has large group camping area's but I do not know if they are already booked.

If Pigeon lake will do then you could try
http://www.mulhurstlutherancamp.ca/rentals/
They did not mention on their website that they have camping area' s some with electrical hookups, a covered picnic area, and a very large totally enclosed covered shelter.

You do not need to be church affiliated to book the facilities in case you were wondering.

Walleye101
05-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Shaws Point

ssyd
05-06-2013, 06:53 PM
I'll keep Shaw's Point in mind. Anything a little closer to Edmonton though? Most of us are in Edmonton and the Mayerthorpe area and the older folks aren't too keen on a 3 hour drive.

college-fisherman
05-07-2013, 12:44 AM
I have done group camping at crimson lake provincial park near rocky mountain house and it is fantastic

kurdt84
05-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Good spots, Thanks for sharing the info :D Would be good to get a large group going out without hitting the normal congested campgrounds

Redneck Renagade
05-07-2013, 05:13 PM
There is a large group camping area that's affiliated with Carson Pegasus. It has a huge cook shack with wood burning stove. The one we stayed in last year was very clean and fun for the whole family. Close to fishing on the lake as well. It has its own boat launch area onto the lake.

-JR-
05-08-2013, 06:20 AM
There is a large group camping area that's affiliated with Carson Pegasus. It has a huge cook shack with wood burning stove. The one we stayed in last year was very clean and fun for the whole family. Close to fishing on the lake as well. It has its own boat launch area onto the lake.

2x