PDA

View Full Version : Sibbald Meadows Pond - is the ice gone?

Brumze
05-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Hey there!

Does anyone know if the ice is gone or not?
Also...I found different info regarding the venue's winter kill rate. Some people say that there's barely any, others that it quite significant? Who do I trust?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers, :happy0180:

Teo

jacenbeers
05-06-2013, 05:29 PM
I have never heard of winter kill in there. There is a consistent flow of water into the lake from the ponds across the road even through the coldest winter months.

Brumze
05-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the fast response.

I am thinking of going there tomorrow for a season opener. Checked the rules and regulations and its opened all year round.

:happy0180:

Flieguy
05-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Post your results Brumze!

I'm thinking of taking my girlfriend there for her first fish on the fly. It's one of my favorite ponds

Brumze
05-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Post your results Brumze!

I'm thinking of taking my girlfriend there for her first fish on the fly. It's one of my favorite ponds

I will post results for sure! As long as there's no ice. :D

If its ice covered, I might try Sibbald Lake which is also opened all year and its pretty close.

kevinhits
05-06-2013, 08:18 PM

If its ice covered, I might try Sibbald Lake which is also opened all year and its pretty close.

Thanks for letting us know....We go to stony group camp every May long and have fished the pond every year....

It will be nice knowing before hand so I do not have to lug my fishing stuff along if it is still iced up:)

jacenbeers
05-06-2013, 10:06 PM

Sibbald Lake winter kills.