PDA

View Full Version : Ice Report: Sibbald Meadows Pond...and the lake 8 May

Brumze
05-08-2013, 01:33 AM
Good day, everyone!

I just came back from a trip to those two venues and decided to share a bit of info with you...which is actually not much at all! :D

Sibbald Meadows Pond- completely covered in ice.

Sibbald Lake- a bit more than half of it is ice-free (the side where the camping ground is). I didn`t see any dead fish so as far as winter kill goes....

Cheers

P.S. Went to throw some garbage in the container, right next to the parking by the pond...opened it...and there was a dead deer inside!?! :О

Richard B.
05-08-2013, 11:55 AM
thanks for the update

Mark
05-08-2013, 02:22 PM
P.S. Went to throw some garbage in the container, right next to the parking by the pond...opened it...and there was a dead deer inside!?! :О[/QUOTE]

I think I would suggest you call the F&W and report the deer in the dumpster. That sound suspiciuos to say the least. That just what I would suggest.

kevinhits
05-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Good day, everyone!

I just came back from a trip to those two venues and decided to share a bit of info with you...which is actually not much at all! :D

Sibbald Meadows Pond- completely covered in ice.

Sibbald Lake- a bit more than half of it is ice-free (the side where the camping ground is). I didn`t see any dead fish so as far as winter kill goes....

Cheers

P.S. Went to throw some garbage in the container, right next to the parking by the pond...opened it...and there was a dead deer inside!?! :О

Wondering how thick the ice was at the pond....FAirly thin and maybe gone in a week or so?

Brumze
05-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Wondering how thick the ice was at the pond....FAirly thin and maybe gone in a week or so?

The ice has already started melting...there was may be 50cm ice-free around most of the shoreline.
Not sure how thick it is...

kevinhits
05-08-2013, 04:45 PM
The ice has already started melting...there was may be 50cm ice-free around most of the shoreline.
Not sure how thick it is...

Thanks Brumze:)

Brumze
05-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Here are a few pictures from Sibbald Meadows Pond:

http://imageshack.us/g/62/dsc00484yx.jpg/