PDA

View Full Version : Travers Reservoir

McBEAST
05-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Went to Travers Reservoir today for opening day!
Excellent fishing at the spillway. 80+ walleye from 8am to 3pm.

:sHa_shakeshout:

Winch101
05-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Any size or pics......

I was out on the big lake ,scuttle but at the launch was
That F&W were called...to the spillway apparently a shortage
Of tape measures

npauls
05-08-2013, 10:43 PM
I hope they were called out to the spillway.

I have a buddy that was out there and said there was plenty of stringers of little walleyes around the spillway area.

Winch101
05-09-2013, 07:00 AM
If there was an area to close ,it's that whole bay ,I hate going there
Cause some moron is breaking the law ,if you want to report them ,
You have to drive over to Wolf Coulee so your phone works ....etc
I have never caught a decent fish there ,though likely they are there.

Now if F&W aren't policing that spillway on opening day , then they
Have their heads up their you know what for sure ....When do guys get
There during AWT tournaments give me strength ....I blame this totally
On Allison Redford .....

Oh ya first post about 80 walleyes. Spammilicious

Duster
05-10-2013, 04:45 PM
I was there opening day there was one boat there with 5 guys in it and they had 4 stringers full pretty discusted to see that they obviously did not know how to read a tape measure. Next time someone sees that and wants to make the call to fw. Go straight across lake from spillway and u will get service to make the call i have done it many times.

HOGSLAYER
05-10-2013, 04:52 PM
I was there opening day there was one boat there with 5 guys in it and they had 4 stringers full pretty discusted to see that they obviously did not know how to read a tape measure. Next time someone sees that and wants to make the call to fw. Go straight across lake from spillway and u will get service to make the call i have done it many times.

Very good to know Duster thanks I saw the turds too.

Esox
05-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Very good to know Duster thanks I saw the turds too.

Why does everyone fish the spillway? So many more spots that are better. The spillway is good for kids and people who haven't caught many fish before though.

npauls
05-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Why does everyone fish the spillway? So many more spots that are better. The spillway is good for kids and people who haven't caught many fish before though.

you just answered your own question.

easy catching most of the time

Freedom55
05-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Caught my first walleye ever from my new Lund at the spillway Spring '09. Maybe three pounds. About 23" IIRC. Bumper boats and sore losers. Never went back to that spot.

Free

Esox
05-11-2013, 12:38 PM
To each their own I guess, I like searching out new spots instead of fishing in the crowds. There's two great rock humps/piles not to far from the spillway that I prefer to fish.