PDA

View Full Version : Pipestone Creek

jryley
05-10-2013, 02:24 PM
I just moved to Millet this past January. I dont post much in the fishing section cause, well, im a greenhorn and casual at best when it comes to water and lines. But, with creeping the odd thread and reading about suckers spawning up the pipestone from coal lake I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of suckers, or any fish for that matter making their way up as far as the millet area? would be nice to be able to crack a couple sodas and sit on the bank with a pole in the water. I have a feeling im just dreaming, but thought Id ask.

Lefty-Canuck
05-10-2013, 03:09 PM
I agree with you on two points.....

It sure would be nice and I think you are dreaming :)

LC

pickrel pat
05-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Ive seen suckers in tiny beaver dammed creeks where you would wonder how they got there... Probably 100 dams from the main river but they were there.

jryley
05-13-2013, 01:54 PM
See it and weep Lefty lol

I couldnt beleive till i saw it myself on sunday. Fish jumping and swimming everywhere through out the creek.

rumours have been confirmed!

Lefty-Canuck
05-13-2013, 02:04 PM
See it and weep Lefty lol

I couldnt beleive till i saw it myself on sunday. Fish jumping and swimming everywhere through out the creek.

rumours have been confirmed!

So when are we going fishing man!

LC :)

Labguy
05-13-2013, 02:06 PM
lived in millet area for many years , yes tons and tons of suckers in creek , we use them for bear bait, kids take pitch forks down to creek and kill hundreds, :snapoutofit: many a pike come up also, anywhewre from 1lb. to 35lbs. , fish it and you will see , creek is regulated same as coal lake:sHa_shakeshout: and yes they make it past millet , have seen them near watlet lake(slough). GO FOR A WALK MIGHT BE AMAZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol::sha rk:

jryley
05-13-2013, 02:59 PM
lived in millet area for many years , yes tons and tons of suckers in creek , we use them for bear bait, kids take pitch forks down to creek and kill hundreds, :snapoutofit: many a pike come up also, anywhewre from 1lb. to 35lbs. , fish it and you will see , creek is regulated same as coal lake:sHa_shakeshout: and yes they make it past millet , have seen them near watlet lake(slough). GO FOR A WALK MIGHT BE AMAZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol::sha rk:

Pike too?????

Like I said I dont do a ton of fishing but I was blown away seeing the fish. The fact pike are apparently in there occasionally makes me blissful!

i hike the creek all the way from wilks drive to the culvert next to the gravel road. saw fish the whole way. actually watched a couple suckers leap up a beaver dam like salmon do!

Dick Bitchko
06-03-2013, 06:40 PM
jryley, I know some great spots by coal lake, pm me if you want to go fishing

Xiph0id
06-03-2013, 11:06 PM
I've driven my boat up that creek when it's high a fair ways.
Maybe 1 km. Caught more in the creek than the lake.