PDA

View Full Version : Help me plan next weekend eastern slopes

Northern_Hunting_Mom
07-26-2008, 02:40 PM
We are going on a road trip for next weekend with 2 kids and a tent. The plan is to drive through Jasper and Banff Parks and toodle around. I want to wet line in moving water and find a place to pitch the tent for Saturday and Sunday nights.Can the knowledgeable AOers help out? Since there are kids and an impatient husband, I'm looking for quantity and not quality. Keep a few for the BBQ/campfire and just get the kids excited.

PS: I know nobody in Alberta so I don't have anyone to pass a secret to. I keep secrets from my husband (no illegal or immoral ones, get your mind out of the gutter:tongue2:) and I can threaten him with bodily harm if he opens his mouth. I'm not looking for lunkers.

Chironomid
07-26-2008, 10:05 PM
No need to go that far. Where abouts do you want to fish. PM Me, I can tell you some great spots with great numbers and great campsites.

Northern_Hunting_Mom
07-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Its a weekend to get out and see the mountains again. We plan to hit the Crowsnest but I don't want the whole weekend to be sitting in a car. It doesn't have to be moving water but it all has to be from shore.

Chironomid
07-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Why not around Rocky Mtn. House/Nordegg? That's still mountains.

tonyflyfish
07-26-2008, 10:41 PM
can camp at Wabaso, Whistlers or Wapiti you have Moab Lake close and it will produce for you. You also have the river right there that could be a lot of fun.

horseshoe is beautiful but hard to catch anything

Northern_Hunting_Mom
07-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Can Moab be fished from shore? I doubt I could get a boat to rent on a busy weekend without a reservation.

Northern_Hunting_Mom
07-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Okay, here's a possible itinerary. Stay near Moab Lake Friday night. Play around there until afternoon. Drive to Crowsnest and stay somewhere there Saturday night then stay around RMH Sunday night. It lets us hit the water before the heat of the day.

I don't care to make serious plans then its not an adventure. If one place is awesome, we may not leave. I haven't played around Alberta at all yet, it a worthy province to see at our leisure.

Northern_Hunting_Mom
07-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Alright!! Convinced the hubby that we do not want to sit in a car all weekend so we are not going to the Crowsnest. Now we have a chance to relax and have fun.